Kentucky Military Law Questions & Answers

Q: I’m pending chapter , however my ets date is coming up can I still ets ? I was told I can’t but my leadership I feel lie

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Answered on Jan 15, 2019
Robert Donald Gifford II's answer
You are likely "flagged" and will be prevented from ETS'ing normally until your chapter paperwork is processed.

Q: I was given a ticket for harassment on Fort Campbell, KY. It’s my first offense ever. What should I expect?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Answered on Sep 23, 2018
Timothy Denison's answer
Hire a lawyer and with your evidence, you should be fine.

Q: My husband is in the military, me and my 3 boys live with him but one of my boys belongs to my ex and he didn’t agree

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Answered on Aug 22, 2018
Timothy Denison's answer
Yes. They can make you move back. Probably won’t, but you are supposed to file notice of intention to move at least 30 days before you do.

Q: How do I obtain a letter showing disposition of a past case in Ky?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Answered on Apr 18, 2018
Timothy Denison's answer
Go to the circuit clerks office in the county where the case occurred and ask for a certified copy of the disposition of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.