Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Louisiana on
Q: 2 texas vehicles get in a wreck in louisiana and the NOT at fault one one had a lapse in insurance. Can they still recib
Robert Hallack
Robert Hallack answered on Jul 10, 2019

Are you asking can the driver who was not at fault still recover? This depends on a few different factors, but the best route would be to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Louisiana on
Q: My daughter rear ended a person who says they stopped to allow a pedestrian to cross. Is this a violation of LA 64:32 ?
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jun 22, 2019

Your daughter is going to be sued. Stiopping to let a pedestrian cross is not a violation of 32:64.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Insurance Defense, Intellectual Property and Small Claims for Louisiana on
Q: What kind of attorney I need to sue Walmart for messing up my car?

I went to get a oil change and the mechanic told me he changed my oil and it would last me three months. When I tried to go to work the next morning I couldn’t. I had to turn my car off all of the oil leaked out. I had to catch a Uber to work. When I got off I had my car towed to Walmart.They... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 29, 2018

If you have a receipt make several copies. Never give the original. Get an estimate from a mechanic as to what is needed to fix it.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense and Probate for Louisiana on
Q: whole life insurance my father purchase for me part of succession ? I name insured
Morgan Travis Allison
Morgan Travis Allison answered on Sep 1, 2016

If you are the named beneficiary, the proceeds go directly to you. They are not part of the succession, though they do count towards the estate tax exemption.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Car Accidents for Louisiana on
Q: What if I was in an auto accident in Louisiana and my final bill or notice of cancellation was within ten days of the

accident when I could not afford to pay my premium is that insurance company still liable if I was in a not at fault accident

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Nov 14, 2015

Check the policy and local lawyer to see if there was a grace period. A local lawyer can review and advise.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.