Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Maryland Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: fired for mistakenly putting on a another person coat simerlar to mine. happen after expressing sexual harassment issue

coat was put on to do a task outside. our simerler coats were hung side by side. not sure if this sounds sensible but to me im still dumbfounded they used this as the reason the get rid of the problem. which all I wanted was the sexural harassment issues to be known so I didnt have to feel... Read more »

Joseph D. Allen
Joseph D. Allen answered on Mar 10, 2020

Sexual harassment claims (as well as retaliation/wrongful termination claims based on employee complaints about harassment) are very fact-specific and require detailed analysis of the applicable law. There are strict deadlines for filing charges with the EEOC/MCCR, so you should discuss soon with... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: If I’m born in January 26, 2000 date a girl born in December 13, 2003 without legal issues? It’s 3yrs,10months,18days
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 29, 2019

In most states adult men over the age of 18 (like you are) can be charged with various criminal violations if caught having sexual relations with an under-aged girl (like your girlfriend is). The difference in their ages is not relevant.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: Re-opening a stet (I know I can file for early expungement, but I feel like this never works)


Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Dec 20, 2018

Do not just file to set the case in for trial. Hire a lawyer to contact the SA to remove the case solely for the purpose of entering a nolle prosequi.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: I am being sexually and mental harrassed by my employer

He send me in appropriate texts messages with a provacotive outfit attached to the text. He calls me a xxx ..and this is just a little bit of what's going on.

Joseph D. Allen
Joseph D. Allen answered on Oct 2, 2018

Make sure to document your encounters with the employer, and save all of the inappropriate/harassing texts (preferably on a separate device from your phone). You should speak with an employment/labor attorney about the facts of your case.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: My neighbor took a pic of me. I was bent over gardening. He put the pic on a shirt and wore it to HOA mtg. Harassment?

My neighbor, who is male, took a picture of me (I am female) in my privacy fenced backyard from his second story window. I was bent over gardening. He then printed the picture of my backside on a t-shirt and wore it to our HOA meeting in a public place. I was humiliated and embarrassed and scared.... Read more »

Joseph D. Allen
Joseph D. Allen answered on Sep 25, 2018

It seems that the neighbor may have invaded your privacy- but this partially depends on whether you had a reasonable expectation of privacy in your back yard. It may be a close call in this situation, as your yard was visible from nearby residences. It is also possible that his actions of wearing... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: If I have sex with a 16 or 17-year-old and she consented for the sexual engagement would I be charged with a crime?

I need some legal advice on something I read that the state of Maryland age of consent law states that a boy or girl has to be at the middle age of 16 years old to consent to sexual activity, I'm writing up a consent form that would be in the legal terms of this stature. However, I am not sure... Read more »

Thomas J. Maronick Jr
Thomas J. Maronick Jr answered on Jun 10, 2017

Here is the general Maryland rule:

first: consent can only be granted WHEN the statutes allow for consent. It is NOT a defense if you thought she was older.

IF you are 20, and she's 17, it is OK if she consents. If you are 21 and she's 17, it isn't generally OK....
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Criminal Law and Family Law for Maryland on
Q: If my child was investigated as a victim of a child abuse case in school, should the school relay specifics to parents?

What if during the investigation which was the day it happened, parents were not notified of all the facts. Some of the abuse was told to parent over the phone but the worst part was left out. What are the parents rights?

Thomas J. Maronick Jr
Thomas J. Maronick Jr answered on May 26, 2017

They are supposed to contact the parents of the alleged abused individual. Parents are to be notified depending on what kind of school and what level of school this was.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Maryland on
Q: If I am wrongly being accused of sexual touching on a woman and I didn't do it what could happen
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Oct 3, 2016

Have charges been filed against you? If so, you should consult local counsel immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.