Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Massachusetts Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Estate Planning and Insurance Bad Faith for Massachusetts on
Q: Is there recourse for being wrongly denied life insurance?

I was denied life insurance because they stated I was in an alcohol rehab center. I have never had any issues with alcohol or drugs and have never been in a rahab center

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 18, 2019

One option is to seek insurance through a different carrier. If you need insurance and wish to avoid delays in obtaining coverage, valuable time could be lost in pressing the issue with the original carrier.

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Car Accidents for Massachusetts on
Q: Can an insurance company deny coverage if the driver was unauthorized?

My parked car was involved in a hit and run accident. I do not have collision coverage so my insurance won't cover the damages. The police witnessed the accident and was able to get the license plate. The woman whose car hit mine was not driving at the time, but her son was driving. Her insurance... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 7, 2019

Unless her son stole it he would be authorized. Its baloney. Suggest you provide estimates for repair, file a complaint with the insurance commissioner. Depending on the nature of the denial you may have claims under

Sec. 93 A of the MGL.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Massachusetts on
Q: I use my personal car to provide UBER rideshare. Can my insurance denie my claim for an accident while offline.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 26, 2018

Don't see why they should. You need to contact a member of the Mass Academy of Trial Lawyers, they give free consults. If it's property damage only, get an estimate, get a full statement of reasons for denial from your company, get a copy of your policy, consider complaining to the insurance commr.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Massachusetts on
Q: can I file a malpractice against an insurance company from 1993?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 28, 2015

Probably not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.