Mississippi Identity Theft Questions & Answers

Q: Need to know about my probation status,Need to file identity theft Because of incarceration, time served, grounds I hv

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Answered on Nov 8, 2018
Arthur Calderon's answer
There's not a whole lot that an attorney can go off of to answer your questions. You may want to consider reaching out to an attorney privately.

Q: Have several questions reguarding my identity Apparently identity theft Time served on false pretense charges

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Answered on Nov 8, 2018
Arthur Calderon's answer
You may want to consider reaching to an attorney on here if you have questions concerning any pending charges. Most attorneys, myself included, are happy to provide a brief consultation.

Q: Do Sonic fast food restaurants tell the amount you have on your card, on the receipt?

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft and Consumer Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Apr 7, 2018
Arthur Calderon's answer
Not necessarily. Your best bet would be to see if perhaps the initial transaction was cancelled out. Regardless, if you review your account and see a double charge, you could reach out to the manager and see about getting a refund on one of the transactions.

Q: Can someone get a vehicle financed but get the check in someone else's name without them knowing?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Answered on Jun 12, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
You would know if he financed it. If you sold it you got the proceeds because it's in your name.

He should ask you just to sign the check over to him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.