Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Real Estate Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: Want to set up a trust so land can't be sold, only passed to family members in Mississippi. What do I need for this?
Randall R. Saxton
Randall R. Saxton answered on Jan 16, 2018

You should contact an estate planning attorney to help you set up a trust.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Foreclosure for Mississippi on
Q: I have a tax lien on several properties in Mississippi that i purchased from an auction; how can i own these parcels?

A couple of the properties are 3 years behind on taxes. What steps can I take to own them? If one of the houses are abandoned, can I file some paperwork and do some work to become the owner? I am the only lien holder on a couple and there's a couple lien holders on the others.

Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones answered on Dec 21, 2017

Alcorn county has put up valuable information on Tax Sales and redemption of property in Mississippi.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: We are in the processing of going to court to see if the judge will rule we can sale land inherited in Mississippi,

One brother is contesting the sale. Another brother just

Died, are we still going to be able to sell and have the

deceased brother amount put in an estate acct for him

Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones answered on Oct 4, 2017

If you inherited the property the judge can order a division sale where the inheritors receive payment based on what they own. It may be helpful to hire a Mississippi attorney to address this issue.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: what can I do ab onoxious neighbors and their kids being up and loud and 1am or later?? it's getting out of hand.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 29, 2017

The township or police can be called. It's difficult with neighbors as they can take things personally. I have no magic answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: Is it possible to sue the volunteer fire department if they were in the wrong

On Saturday January the 14th I had a house fire, we put the fire out before the fire dept. arrived, when the fire dept. did arrive they went in the house took a fan in to blow the smoke out and cleared us to go in said fire was out and everything was fine, my fiance, our 4 kid's, and myself get... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 23, 2017

Go with the homeowners, let them take care of it. 1) very tough to prove they left it be; likely they don't have heat sensing equipment and did what they could to check. 2) you left, so you're saying they should have watched? 3) you live there--you may need them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.