Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Tax Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Dakota Tax Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Immigration Law and International Law for North Dakota on
Q: I have an H2A worker that is on our farm since 2023 and needs advise on filing income tax responsibilities

He is waiting on a green card so will continue to stay here till 2025 hoping by then he has his green card. He also did not file taxes in his country in 2021 and 2022 when he went home. Our agent said we did not need to withhold taxes but now that he is staying here and we do not have a tax treaty... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 20, 2024

Understanding and complying with tax laws is crucial, especially for H2A workers like the one on your farm. Since he is from South Africa and has been working in the U.S., he may need to file U.S. income taxes, despite the lack of a tax treaty between the U.S. and South Africa. The requirement to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Securities Law, Social Security and Tax Law for North Dakota on
Q: Is there a legal way to be exempt from paying tax? Also a legal way to cash out all of your social security?

I want to be able to have money for my retirement or to leave to my children when I pass away with the New president election for 2020 im afraid I will loss all the money put into my social security over the years and im not willing to risk that because are new president wants to change are... View More

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Nov 19, 2020

Although you cannot avoid taxes, you may want to look into trusts in South Dakota.

2 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for North Dakota on
Q: If there's a legal seperation in effect and taxes are to be filed married filing jointly can one file single head of hou
Gregory William Liebl
Gregory William Liebl
answered on Jan 12, 2018

The answer is, "it depends." If you truly have a legal separation with a "judgment" or "order" for legal separation that was filed by the court you are to follow the Court's directive. In other words, you have to follow what a Judgment says.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Tax Law, Business Formation and Business Law for North Dakota on
Q: Is it illegal for me to start an LLC with one other partner if I don't intend on participating in the business?


Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Aug 11, 2017

The bigger issue here is addressing why you feel pressured to enter into this arrangement. The only issue that would arise is if you agreed to a certain level of participation in the LLC or voided some other contract.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.