Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Intellectual Property Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Copyright, Intellectual Property and Trademark for Oklahoma on
Q: If I buy something from a place like Etsy to put on a product that I sell and make from scratch. Am I good legally

I buy the product from a source that is allowed to make the sticker or decal and I put it on a product to sell. Do I still have to get a Craftman license to be able to sell that with that sticker on it?

Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown
answered on Mar 22, 2021

There isn't enough information here to fully answer your question.

It does, however, sound like (depending on a lot more information) you could get in trouble for copyright and/or trademark infringement, fraudulent misrepresentation, or something else.

Q: decorating false fingernail to sell, can a provisional patent application be filed, for process, false fingernail use
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
answered on Jul 10, 2019

You can file a provisional patent application and say patent pending for a year but that may not be a long-term fix. In order for the patent process to be valuable to you, you need to get claims in a non-provisional application through the examination process. You will need to show that what you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property for Oklahoma on
Q: Are they allowed to hold your property in the vehicle for collateral or can you get it

Like my car was impounded and I have a bunch of tools and stuff in there and they said I can't have them until I either give them the car or pay for it to be out

Griffin Klema
Griffin Klema
answered on Mar 18, 2019

This is not an intellectual property question, but rather a personal property issue. Consider re-posting the question under the correct topic.

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property and Small Claims for Oklahoma on
Q: Strangers broke down left their car on my property. Tried calling them, phone is off. Been here 25days. How to claim $?

I own this residential private property.

Failed attempts at contacting them. Have not heard from them in over 2 weeks.

Andrew Zulieve Esq
Andrew Zulieve Esq
answered on Jun 8, 2018

File a report with the local police and let them investigate the matter for possible criminal charges.

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property and Trademark for Oklahoma on
Q: A cork maker owns their trademark in wine, but not for household goods, which I want for a corkscrew. Can I trademark?

They mostly do chemical processes and do NOT own the trademark in household goods, but I'm assuming perhaps they make corks for wine bottles.

I thought I'd be safe trademarking in a class they don't have a trademark in, but since their product is literally cork and I'm... Read more »

Benton R Patterson III
Benton R Patterson III
answered on Feb 8, 2018

There is really not a clear answer here. It is possible the other trademark owner may oppose your trademark registration or sue you for trademark infringement. The fact that the two marks are in different classes does not necessarily mean consumers are unlikely to be confused by the two marks.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it legal to 3D Model off a patent?

Is it legal to 3D Model off a patent, especially if it's expired?

Is it a copyright or trademark infringement if i share pics of the 3D model?

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek
answered on Aug 4, 2017

If a patent is expired, then whatever is in the patent is generally considered in public domain, meaning, that anyone should be able to use it. There may be some weird exception to this, but that is the whole idea behind patents: the inventor discloses the invention to the society, and return the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property for Oklahoma on
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Oct 8, 2015

Copyright protection is governed by federal law. The Supremacy Clause declares that federal law supersedes inconsistent state law. So yes, if there are state laws in the picture (although it is hard to imagine that being), they would probably be superseded by federal law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.