Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Texas Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Personal Injury, Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Texas on

Q: My father died in the nursing home in Iowa due to my uncle's negligence

Terry Lynn Garrett answered on Dec 19, 2018

You would need to contact an Iowa attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse and Medical Malpractice for Texas on

Q: Do I have a case of neglect?

My husband is in a nursing home and he developed a sore. I went to the nursing home on a Monday and they told me he had a wound the size of a pea, when I went back the following Monday it was infected and there was bone exposure. He has been from facility to facility having surgeries after... Read more »

Robert D. Kreisman answered on Feb 19, 2018

This sounds very much like a nursing abuse or negligence case. You should consult with an attorney in your area who specializes in nursing home abuse cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Texas on

Q: I received a monetary settlement from a wrongful death case against a nursing home (my mother death). Is this taxable

The amount was approx $300,k divided between 5 siblings. The case was filed in

New Mexico.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 11, 2018

Your post says Texas. You first need to contact the attorney, find out the breakdown between wrongful death and survivorship. Find out if the Az tax people agreed to the split. Contact a CPA in your state.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Nursing Home Abuse for Texas on

Q: my mother had alzheimers she was put into homewood residence in corpus christi texas within 24 hrs of being placed

in there facility she fell twice was taken to e.r. recieved 9 sitches in face big bump on head 2 black eyes bruises on elbows knees an hip an recieved neck injuries compared to whip lash. Can anything be done?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 30, 2016

As to the immediate needs most states or counties have an Office of Aging or office that handles issues that happen to seniors like nursing home care.They can best advise you on getting her transferred. Unfortunately finding a place may not be easy. As far as the potential for bad care, you need to... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.