Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Internet Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Utah Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Internet Law for Utah on
Q: How do I report electronic harassment after multiple attempts to stop or block the harasser?

I've been contacted several times from the same person using several different numbers after blocking them each time that is harassing me claiming that I am someone else that they know that owes them a couple hundred bucks and is going to report them (me) to their commanding military officers... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 14, 2024

To address this situation of ongoing electronic harassment, you should first document all instances of communication from the harasser. Even though you've deleted initial conversations, the screenshots and records of subsequent contacts are valuable. Keep a log of all interactions, including... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Internet Law for Utah on
Q: I let my Girlfriend (now ex) use my laptop to access the internet for work purposes. She went into my email and took pic

I let my now ex girlfriend use my laptop so that she could use the internet for work purpose. She accessed my email, took photos of certain emails and has sent those photos to family and friends. The emails were personal (not illegal in any manner) and I did not give her permission to access my... View More

Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Oct 20, 2021

Since you allowed her to access the computer without supervision and the images themselves are not illegal, then it is highly unlikely a crime has occurred. You might have some civil recourse against her for publishing without your permission. Those emails are your intellectual property. Libel and... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Internet Law for Utah on
Q: Is it illegal if I use my neighbors address to sign him up for large amounts of junk mail over a long period of time?
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Mar 21, 2020

Yes. Grow up. Find a community service project. Stop being a drain on society.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Internet Law for Utah on
Q: I purchased a woman’s bracelet online and when I received it in the mail and it was not as described on the website,

I would like to sue them but don’t know where to begin.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 2, 2019

A Utah attorney could answer you best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Before jumping straight into suing, which could be costly, you could think about other approaches. Is there any possibility of resolving things through customer service or arranging a refund or exchange? If not,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law, Copyright and Intellectual Property for Utah on
Q: I have designed a logo for an LLC, but when it was time to pay my agreed-upon fees, they ceased communication.

Our communication, agreement, and design-files, were all exchanged via e-mail. Also I have included "Copyright 2018 name" in my initial file-proposals. Lastly, I am not located in the U.S.

What can I do to claim my fees?

Benton R Patterson III
Benton R Patterson III
answered on Apr 23, 2018

If you have not been paid for your work under a valid contract, you should contact an attorney in the US about collecting what is owed to you.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Internet Law for Utah on
Q: Good Afternoon How do i can sue a website if they hold my money and they not give it out?

I had a transfer with bitcoin through on a website what was promising to change the bitcoin in to real money,but the website took my money and not transferred for me,when i was contacting witht he customer serviece literally they were saying they wont give it!

Im living in the UK but as i... View More

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Oct 22, 2017

Retain a lawyer in the state and county where the company has its principal place of business, is incorporated, or does business. Choosing which of those is often a complex problem unless you already know where the company’s assets are located. Have that lawyer issue a demand so the defendant... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Business Law, Internet Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Utah on
Q: If my father has the right to the patientends, but is deceased who can claim them.
Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek
answered on Jan 4, 2017

I am sorry to hear about your father's passing.

If your father had rights to the patent (i.e., he did not assign it to his employer, or he has not otherwise sold it or licensed it), then you should treat the patent the same as any other personal property.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.