Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
Q: How can I be the one in trouble with federal and state?

Police won't do their jobs for theft and Im being treated as if Im the criminal and being threatened. Why won't cops do tbeir jobs?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jul 24, 2019

That is neither a legal excuse nor a moral excuse for breaking the law

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What can be done about a detective harassing me and my fiance.He's assuming and doing everything he can to get my fian

On anything he raided my home when I was at work didn't find anything but some marajiuana he didn't care about was looking for hard drugs. And that upset him cause he really thought he would find hard drugs. After harrasing me at gas station when I went to get boss energy drink.( Yelling... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jun 30, 2018

He has an attorney. He should be discussing this with his attorney.

If he does not like his attorney's advice, then retain a different one.

There are too many issues and facts to ascertain to provide a perfunctory answer on this site.

Further, it is public and open for...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: Hello I wanted to know how much will it cost to file this motion for my son in federal prison currently serving time
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jun 6, 2018

What motion?

How about calling up the offices of criminal defense lawyers and asking?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: A friend of mine did retail theft in the of $1,200 he has a clean record will he get jail time? He’s 19

Correction: class I felony ,$750

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson answered on Feb 4, 2018

Yes, but probably not. He should at the minimum, at sentencing, ask for the chance for future expungement.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: I replied 2 an ad on Craigslist for a younger guy seeking older, set up a meet (didn't), father says I owe him money.

I panicked and deleted everything from my phone and ad is gone now but sure it said 20. Exchanged pics during texting (didn't think underage), roleplay was suggested and agreed to, gave my address, meet never happened. Started to get texts from same number claiming to be father, talked, reason... Read more »

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson answered on Jan 24, 2018

I wouldn't pay because blackmail never stops. Was the person under 18? Did you know it. You are very fuzzy on that part. Normally you could go to the police about the extortion, but the dad, to protect himself, will probably lie about you. Deleting the emails indicates you knew it was... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: Is it legal to make a song about killing the president?

And if a disclaimer were used such as "I DO NOT MEAN ANY ACTUAL HARM ONTO THE PRESIDENT", would that suffice?

William F Sulton Esq.
William F Sulton Esq. answered on Apr 24, 2017

The short answer is yes. And you do not need a disclaimer. There are hundreds of songs about killing political figures. There is a different between artistry and threats. And there is a different between speech and true threats. I assume you fall squarely within the artistry and First Amendment... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.