Wyoming Immigration Law Questions & Answers

Q: So if she is here longer than the six months allowed by her travel visa, but we have applied for her adjustment of...

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Feb 15, 2019
Deron Edward Smallcomb's answer
If you apply for everything correctly, including advanced parole, she will have the ability to travel out of the country. That said, it is highly recommended that she does not. First, she has overstayed. Second, unless she came on a fiance visa, they can prevent her from entering based on immigrant based intent. This same concept can result in the petition denial, even if they do let her in. Consulting with an experienced immigration attorney is highly recommended.

Q: Look below for entire question.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Feb 15, 2019
Kyndra Mulder's answer
In general, A person will be admitted into the USA if they have a valid visa and go through inspection. Admission may be denied if the visa is expired or the person has overstayed their visa. Also, BP had discretion to cancel a visa if they suspect immigration intent.

Just being married to a USC is not sufficient. The proper petition and application must be filed with the USCIS in order for a spouse to adjust,

Q: How to file an asylum we are having C1/D Visa

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Apr 28, 2018
Carl Shusterman's answer
If you successfully make it past a border or entry point and into the U.S., you'll have more time to apply for asylum. In fact, you can take up to a year after entering the U.S. to start the process. (If that deadline has passed, talk to an attorney—exceptions are possible, and USCIS may show leniency when it comes to the deadline.)

Your first step in applying for asylum will be to fill out USCIS Form I-589 and mail it to USCIS together with other documents you'll be asked to provide....

Q: - How am I taxed in the US?- What type of entity should I choose to file my EIN application?

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Business Formation and Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Jul 10, 2016
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers' answer
There are questions and answers similar to the mentioned situation on our website at http://aba-us.com/other-services/?lang=en. You can take a look for general information. Also you consult with an experienced immigration attorney for your best interest. Good luck.

Q: If I am not an U.S. citizen, and I fail paying my college bill, will a collecting agency find me in my country?

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Education Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Sep 13, 2015
Terrence H Thorgaard's answer
The worst? Sorry, but you are asking me to imagine all sorts of grisly possibilities, which I won't do. In general, collection agencies annoy you with repeated phone calls, and sometimes find a collection attorney to sue you on a contingent-fee basis. To my knowledge they seldom bother with debtors who are no longer in the U.S.

Q: Can my husband still sponser me even though he has warrant in south carolina? We live in a different state where the war

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Jan 21, 2015
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers' answer
The stated facts create a complex case. Complete contact form on our website to learn how we proceed with your case. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.