Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Evan Charles Pappas

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: How can a nonprofit file litigation for the improper involvement of a political official interfering with real estate?

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Apr 30, 2019

You should seriously consider speaking with a real estate attorney in the area where the real estate is located. There are many claims that relate to real estate and "interference" that should be considered based on the facts. Once the claims are determined, a Complaint would need to be filed in... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: I am looking for an attorney to check an owner financing document for a property I am selling in McKees Rocks, PA

I am selling a property and providing owner financing, I would like a review of the document and if any other documents are necessary? I am looking to hire an attorney to check the document. Thank you

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Nov 30, 2018

Our firm could help. Feel free to contact me to discuss.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Foreclosure for Pennsylvania on

Q: Can anyone help me purchase property ahead of Sherriff Sales?

I am interested in properties at Sherriff Sales but want to know if anyone can represent me to approach the owners and buy these properties ahead of sales to avoid bidding situation. If so, how do you charge your fee?

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Oct 12, 2018

Our firm could assist with this work provided that we do not have any conflicts with the foreclosing bank/lender and would charge for this work on an hourly basis. Feel free to schedule a confidential phone or in-person consultation for more information.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: Hello, looking to hire a lawyer concerning unique property issue. No easement, but township paved a road through lawn.

We have a corner lot deeded 1882. There's a main road in the front and a road on the side. Over time a small shortcut to the main road was created on the side road through our lawn (prior to our ownership). The shortcut makes the intersection a "Y junction" with the left side of the Y on a... Read more »

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Jun 26, 2018

Depending on the location of the property, our firm might also be able to assist you.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Business Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: Board members of a company are banning another board member(equal owner) from company meetings and votes.

Small Family LLC, 3 against 1 type of problem.

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Apr 4, 2018

I agree with Carrie A. Ward that the company governing documents will need to be reviewed to determine if they address the situation. Whether or not the documents address this situation, there are also remedies in Pennsylvania for owners of a company that are being actively shut out of its... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: I want to buy my mothers house. Do I need a lawyer or can I just go get a mortgage?

Property is paid off now in Pa.

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Jan 16, 2017

You do not need a lawyer. A lawyer could be helpful if you wanted to negotiate special terms into an Agreement of Sale, but such is not always necessary. A written Agreement will likely be necessary to highlight the basic terms, but again, does not have to be written by a lawyer.

If you...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: What steps do I need to take to get a false mechanics lien removed?

A contractor hired to do a renovation once paid in full and not complete vacated the property we have pictures, video, and testimony of how the work was left and what we are still trying to complete to finish the project. We since then found out 1 he isnt a licensed contractor and 2 he put a... Read more »

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Dec 6, 2016

You may need to initiate a court proceeding to have the court determine that the lien was not justified. This case could also include claims related to the defective quality or workmanship and seek damages for this as well. In addition to the obvious concerns you mentioned, there are strict... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Landlord - Tenant and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: Commercial tenant breach of lease-

Commercial Tenant moved out before lease ended. Landlord is suing tenant for breach of lease agreement. However.. 1 month after tenant moved out landlord submitted an application to the borough for a new zoning permit to put another type of business in the building along with an application to the... Read more »

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Dec 2, 2016

Unless the lease indicates that the landlord's application to change the use of the premises causes a default or termination of the lease (which is unlikely), it is doubtful that a court would hold that the tenant is not responsible for the remainder of the lease merely because of the landlord's... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Pennsylvania on

Q: The deed on my parents' house reads "John Doe and Jane Doe, Husband & Wife." How to get new deed after death of one?

My Dad had a will but everything is left to Mom. No probate is necessary for any other assets, as almost everything was owned jointly. How do we get a new deed in Mom's name only? York County recorder has no info about this on their website. Thanks!

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Nov 29, 2016

This could be handled by recording a new deed in the name of Mom only. In the deed we would explain why the deed is being re-recorded. This would be an inexpensive project.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: I don't have mortgage satisfaction letter and he passed away how can I resolve because the wife is not helpful

I have a buyer for the house how can I get around her and put her money in escrow until we can resolve this matter at a later time ( I contacted her it was only a 5year mortgage)

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Nov 7, 2016

Although the specific facts of the situation depend on what legal rights you may have, if this mortgage has already been paid in full, the lender is required to satisfy the mortgage within a certain period of time. If it is not yet paid in full, and you plan to pay the mortgage at closing, then... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property for Pennsylvania on

Q: Am I infringing on a word mark using THIS name?

My brother and I own a vineyard / winery in PA (Jackson Winery -- name has been changed to protect the innocent / guilty). We received a warning from 'Jackson Winery' in Washington State that we must stop using their trademarked name (we checked with the USPTO; they do own the word mark). Would we... Read more »

Evan Charles Pappas answered on Nov 1, 2016

The answer to this question may depend on how long you have been using the mark in commerce. Although this other winery may have a registered trademark (you refer to the "word" mark), this fact alone does not completely answer the question. If your use of the name predates their use and/or the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.