Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Bahram Madaen
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: Can someone in Orange County, California help me with an Interpleaded case with buyer's Land Purchase deposit of $50k?

Escrow interpleaded buyer's deposit of amount $50,000 from California Vacant Land Purchase Agreement (CAR form VLPA). I am a seller and believe I am entitled to this deposit due to both: 1) buyer breach of contract and 2) escrow negligence to ensure conditions are met. I need a local lawyer to... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Feb 12, 2020

I might be able to help you. My email address is attorneymadaen at gmail. email me and we talk. thanks.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: Does my sister-in-law need a real estate lawyer to sell her condo in California?

My sister-in-law lives in Duarte, CA, and wants to sell her condo. Her partner, a joint tenant on the mortgage, moved out 10 years ago without a specific forwarding address in Las Vegas. My sister-in-law has made the full mortgage payments since. What are her options?

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Dec 8, 2019

She can bring an action in the court for partition and/or sale of the property. Her partner could be served by publication after a reasonable search. It cost money, but it is doable.

6 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on
Q: I have some bad financial problems, I think. I am considering bankruptcy.

I have managed to get about 6 credit accounts back to a good, current status, but have about 7 getting worse everyday. Including two loans. They probably total about $25000 at the moment, and I am making about $700 a week and am not sure I can save everything. My credit has gone down to 500 and... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 27, 2019

Sometimes, I advise my client to file bankruptcy since there is no other option. if you believe that there is no change in your situation, then bankruptcy is the right way to go. A chapter 7 bankruptcy will cost less than $1500 and will wipe all of your unsecured debts. Let me know if you need... Read more »

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Foreclosure and Business Law for California on
Q: Sold gas station due to bankruptcy but lawyer may be taking advantage of a senior citizen. What to do?

My dad sold his gas station about a year ago (as it was in bankruptcy). He had to go through the court system to negotiate a deal with the buyer and was asked to pay a portion of the funds to lenders to pay off debt owed. He would still be left over with a good amount of money (close to $70k+). To... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 26, 2019

Please contact the State Bar and file a complaint.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for California on
Q: owner JUST filed a mech. Lien on home shared with wife for work he claimed he did in 2016. Can he do that? Divorce

Judge said noting to be paid out of proceeds of home until marital assets have been settled. This is how he is trying to get his share of money

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 15, 2018

People do a lot of things during the divorce process, but I believe his charges doesn't stand. The Mechanic Lien law has many requirements. It is easier to fight the mechanic lien in a civil case than family court since the judges might not be familiar with the mechanic lien, and also cost... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: What can I do if I do not have money to hire a real estate attorney?

I bought a house in February 2016, in March of this year my monthly payments increased because in my property taxes are charging a HERO program lien that the previous owner had, during the process of the transaction nobody said something about this lien against the property. I did not sign any... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 6, 2018

I have some familiarity with HERO program. Their lien is secure against your real estate and the escrow company should have paid them off from the selling price, or you did actually assume it. please review your offer and ask your real estate agent about it.

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: Half of the owners of a house want to sell, others do not and will not buy out first group. Can a sale be forced?
Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 5, 2018

Generally yes. You need an action in the court to force other partners to sell or buyout.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Probate for California on
Q: Grantor 1)RUFFIN, AUSTIN2)RUFFIN, PARIS M W3)WILLIAMS, PARIS MGrantee BANK OF AMER normal or i have a case?

I think stole property thats mine by heir. Although I haven't seen what's written inside these documents, I notice ReContrust Co. is an affiliate & i learned theyre notorious for scamming foreclosures. I need these documents examined for fraudulence. This leads me to a recent public notice of... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 4, 2018

Send me a copy of the loan docs and the notices. I had almost exact issue with BoA couple years ago. The bank was really slow to respond and we had to bring a lawsuit. It took a year to get rid of the loans.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Tax Law for California on
Q: House in a Trust- 2 beneficiaries. 1 wants to buy 2's interest. Does Prop 13 parent to child transfer tax rate apply?

If beneficary 1 buys beneficiary 2's interest in the property, it would be removed from the Trust and put in Bene 1's name. The Settler (mom) has been dead less than 3 years. Or will the new market value set the tax rate?

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Aug 2, 2018

It depends on the term of the trust and the current trustee's power. if the trustee could amend the trust, he/or she might be able to do so without violating Prop 13. I recommend contacting an attorney to review the trust.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: can this be done?

I jointly owned a property with my father. He then without my knowledge got a Judgement lien attached to the home. He has since passed but before he did he grant deeded the property to me. Can I still file an affidavit of death to remove his lien? Or did I get stuck with the lien when he gave... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Jul 30, 2018

I need more facts about the judgment lien. Is the judgment lien against you, or it is against your dad's? if your dad brought a lawsuit and got a judgment against you then the executor of his estate has the right to pursue it. But, if there is a third party judgment against your dad, then you might... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Q: Buying and selling real estate

Selling and buying

My neighbor of 12 years whom I was also coworkers with sold his home. Nothing was said about selling it no signs in yard no realtors coming and going they pretty much left without telling anyone in the neighborhood they were selling they basically left in the middle of... Read more »

Bahram Madaen
Bahram Madaen answered on Jul 30, 2018

It is actually very common for the homeowner to transfer the property to their LLC, Corp., or even the trust they created to protect against the creditor. So, yes, it is legal, and it is also very wise for many to create a living trust and l transfer the property especially to a living trust.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.