Questions Answered by Samuel Ventola

Q: Who's fault is it if a bicyclist is hit going against traffic on the sidewalk at high speeds crossing a enrtyway?

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Colorado on
Answered on Sep 14, 2017
Samuel Ventola's answer
I sympathize with you because you wouldn't normally be looking for somebody coming against traffic and at a high rate of speed on the sidewalk. I'd say the bicyclist was at least part at fault, but that doesn't mean somebody couldn't conclude you were also at fault. I'm not expert on traffic tickets but I'd probably fight it. However, even if you are convicted or pay the ticket, it probably won't be admissible in any lawsuit by the bicyclist.

Q: My aunt died back in January and left me a substantial amount of money in her estate. How do I get the money?

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Contracts and Estate Planning for Colorado on
Answered on Sep 14, 2017
Samuel Ventola's answer
It all depends on the language of your aunt's will. You should probably have an attorney review it and if you have rights to write a letter for you or submit a claim if necessary.

Q: Can I leave home at 16 without parents permission? I have a steady job and a child and aswell as a car.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Colorado on
Answered on Sep 14, 2017
Samuel Ventola's answer
No, not unless you become emancipated.

Q: If a sugar daddy begins only agreeing to pay if sexual acts are administered, can you sue?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Libel & Slander, Sexual Harassment and Contracts for Colorado on
Answered on Aug 16, 2016
Samuel Ventola's answer
This is actually a civil law issue, rather than criminal. You can only sue a "sugar daddy" for "payment" if you have an enforceable contract. The contract need not necessarily be in writing, but it might be difficult to prove that there was an oral contract like this. The contract also cannot be illegal. There would also have to be "consideration" for the alleged promise to pay - that is, the person would have to show that under the agreement they would give something legal or provide some...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.