Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Destardes Moore
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida on
Q: I want to leave father of my 16 yo daughter we have been together 24 yrs can can I request alimony and support in Florid

And what could I except in support, she has 3 years left in high school I average 10,000 a year he makes 60,000

Destardes Moore
Destardes Moore
answered on Sep 12, 2020

Florida doesn't recognize common law marriage, so you wouldn't be entitled to alimony. However, you can file a Petition to Determine Paternity and for Related Relief before the minor child reaches the age of majority. The Court will likely calculate child support in accordance with the... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.