Questions Answered by Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell

Q: I am an active military member, i need an experienced lawyer with Military divorce to counsel and represent me

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Divorce, Family Law and Military Law for Maryland on
Answered on Jun 3, 2018
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
I have represented active duty military and also have personal experience with the military with respect to pensions and survivor benefits.


Lynndolyn Mitchell

Q: I’m trying to loctated a traffic citation from 5 years ago in Arlington Virginia, that’s on my Driving record.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland on
Answered on May 31, 2018
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
Go to the General District court case information for Arlington County click on criminal/traffic and put your name in. There records go back further than 5 years.


Lynndolyn Mitchell

Licensed in VA MD And DC

Q: I recieved a parking fine in my friends car in baltimore. If i pay it will it go on my record or hers?

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland on
Answered on Feb 18, 2018
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
You should pay it on your friend's behalf. You will need the information regarding your friend's car to insure that the ticket is paid in a timely fashion.

Lynndolyn T. Mitchell

Law Office of Lynndolyn Mitchell PC

401 East Jefferson St. #201

Rockville, Maryland 20850


Q: grandparents filed emergency custody against both parents and now pursuing child support from father but not mother.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Maryland on
Answered on Nov 18, 2017
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
In response to your question, although the court can't order mother to move from her parents home. They can require her to pay child support for the children. The grandparents can't pick and choose who to go after for child support payments. Mother who has unstable job history and substance abuse issues may not be able to pay more than a minimum amount of support for the children. There was a recently case decided by the Court of Appeals of Maryland,Burak v. Burak, 455 Md. 564, 168 A.3d 883,...

Q: My fiancés estranged wife threatened to "get a shot gun" and blow my brains out. Should I take this as a viable threat?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Maryland on
Answered on Aug 14, 2017
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
This is not something to take lightly. You should apply for a peace order and also make a police report.

Q: are there any programs that help single moms get legal help for custody/child support?

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Maryland on
Answered on Nov 11, 2016
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer

Since you live in Frederick County, you should contact the Legal Aid Bureau for Frederick County. They have staff attorneys that represent individuals in family law matters. The phone number is (800) 679-8813. You may also want to contact the Frederick County Bar Association, their number is 301.663.1139 | email: They are probably closed for Veteran's Day however, you may contact them on Monday.


Lynndolyn Mitchell...

Q: MD order says child support is due the 15th. Child graduated the 4th. Do I have to make the last payment?

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Maryland on
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
If your child graduated after the 15th of the month child support would have terminated at that time. If your ex spouse insists that you are missing the payment since it's due for the entire month, your argument would be that child support was paid in the form of college tuition. You should be able to prove the amount that was paid for tuition by obtaining a receipt from the institution that your child attends.

Q: I'll be married in 4 wks. Can I then take my 3 girls off my ex's awful health ins. & add to ours w/o repercussions in MD

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Maryland on
Answered on Oct 1, 2016
Lynndolyn Tippins Mitchell's answer
There are many situations where children end up on both parents medical insurance. If you choose to add your three daughters and receive a tax deduction, you will need to inform the other parent that you have made the change and ask him/her to take the girls off of his/her policy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.