Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Child Custody legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
West Virginia Child Custody Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for West Virginia on
Q: Where can I get free legal representation, that isn't "legal aid"?

Legal aid of West Virginia is already representing my ex and will not take me in as a client, and I need help for my hearing on July 30 th

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: What is the best way to proove your innocence when your step daughter accused you of bruising her when you really didnt

She’s got a passed of self harm and it’s on record but now that my daughter was born she’s become very jealous and angry didnt want to live here anymore after being with us for a year so she told cps I done all these horrible things to her trying to get back to her bio mom I don’t think she... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: Where can I obtain a petition for grandparents rights?
Matthew Stapleton
Matthew Stapleton
answered on Aug 11, 2022

Typically, at the Circuit Clerk's Office for the County the petition will be filed in.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Family Law and Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: Can I appeal the courts decision to terminate my parental rights
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
answered on Nov 15, 2021

First, I am not a WVA lawyer. That being said, I would think you could appeal that decision, unless you have agreed in the termination case to waive your appeal rights.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: I'm 16 and was adopted about 2 years ago, everything has completely changed. How could I change my guardian???

Should I just get emancipated and move in with the person I have in mind? They were going to adopt me before, but I ended up at this place first.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: My sister took my daughter for a week and now refuses to give her back or answer my calls. Help me please.

I live in WV, she lives in OK and doesn't even have custody of her own kids. I am the only one my daughter has had her whole life. She is almost 3yrs old.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for West Virginia on
Q: If a parent obtains full custody of a child but spends little to no time with the child, can said custody be revoked?
Mr. David Thomas Pisarra
Mr. David Thomas Pisarra
answered on Jan 18, 2011

There are two types of custody, Legal and Physical. Legal custody is the right to know medical care and school decisions. Physical Custody is when the child is in your presence and home.

I assume you are speaking of Physical Custody and they are now sending the child to you or another adult...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.