Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for West Virginia on
Q: Get caught with Oz of meth driving a semi
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for West Virginia on
Q: Part of a property given to me is in dispute and they are threatening me regarding it.

The piece in question was to be given to a deceased party who surveyed it but never recorded it. They passed away and the heir is now saying it was theirs. The lawyer who created the deed for the property that was given to me said it wad never recorded and not legal and so my deed reflects I own... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 17, 2021

Do you have a recorded Deed which has a legal description including the disputed property? Hopefully you do and the grantor had title to convey. It sounds like you already have a lawyer that is telling you that you own it. Right now you might want to search your title again and possibly the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for West Virginia on
Q: I’m in a 10 year contract to purchase a home coming up on year 2 can I sell it and if so how do I go about this .
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 16, 2021

Assuming you have a Contract for a Deed, which is actually a Lease With Option to Purchase, you can probably only sell what you have which would be a sublease.

Read your Contract and see if it prohibits assigning your rights under the Contract. More than likely all you can do is leave it...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Intellectual Property, Real Estate Law and Family Law for West Virginia on
Q: How can I get the property deed my father left me

Father passed away mother still alive there is no living will but there is a property deed with my name and 2 Siblings one of which doesn't live near and hasn't been around much or had anything to do with the property the other of which one is deceased , i still reside there and have... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence for West Virginia on
Q: I was charged with domestic battery for an altercation with my brother who does not live in my home.

He does own 50% of the property, it was inherited from our parents, but i am in the process of purchasing the home. I can not afford an attorney and did not qualify for a public defender. What are my options?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for West Virginia on
Q: Landlord asks family about rent$ tells others if I am behind on rent put tenant in charge of eviction humiliate me etc

Since COVID it has been hard to keep up on rent, once u get behind its HARD to catch up. My landlord questions my mom & gma anytime rent $ is due, even if only a day late. She tells people about me being behind on rent, as well as other tenants when they are behind on rent. Upon moving in,... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for West Virginia on
Q: can an individual patient with covid 19 have any course of action for compatation against ahospital for neglect ?

also a complaint was filed and the hospital was cited bye the State OFLAC Office .

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for West Virginia on
Q: I want to sue the WVSP for negligence

Our son and his friend both was killed in an ATV accident on 5/15/2021 the state police closed it out the very same evening without investigating nothing, ruled it as an accident two wild young boys raising hell on a 4wheeler wrecked and got killed. I am an old, retired law enforcement officer and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Land Use & Zoning for West Virginia on
Q: under WV law, what happens to railroad ROW's after the railroad is abandoned and severed from the national rail line?

Specifically B&O's 1979 abandonment of 28.75 miles of track from Hartland to Reamer WV. which has been used as a road for the past 40 yrs. After the abandonment landowners sold off acreage into lots and homes and camps were built. This road runs along the Elk River and is the only access... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for West Virginia on
Q: I received an Email from Facebook saying the DHHR has requested access to my Facebook, What do I do, can I quash this?

Received an email from Facebook, that they received from West Virginia DHHR, asking for access to my Facebook. I have been told I have until 9/13 to provide a stamped file copy to try to quash or stop it. I’ve never been in trouble prior or had anything against me or dealt with anything of this... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for West Virginia on
Q: Can an officer in WV open and search a locked glove box of an automobile that doesn't belong to the driver of the car?

I borrowed the vehicle. The glove box was locked.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for West Virginia on
Q: I had police officers enter my home with out permission. What can I do

Have a couple pics on camera in my living room and bedroom

0 Answers | Asked in Education Law for West Virginia on
Q: RE: 2005 West Virginia Code - §18-5-18a. — Maximum teacher-pupil ratio I teach 6th grade art largest class is 32

My largest class size is 32 and the second largest is 29--I have spoken to other 6th grade teachers and was told if we say anything it would not be good for us--the whole reason I looked into this is with the additional chairs (I have 28 good seats--and 2 that do not face me usually used for... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for West Virginia on
Q: I live in WV. Can my boyfriend of 3 yrs. Throw me and our son out of our home cause hes unhappy.

1He bought the place a little of 2 yrs. Ago and remodeled the whole place for us 3 to live in. He told me I would never have to work that he would take care of us. Now hes unhappy and told me I need to get out. I dont have any place to to go or can I afford any where right now. He makes really good... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Family Law for West Virginia on
Q: Would the phone hold up as payment? I’m trying to not get her in that much trouble.

Hello! I was working for my mom for a about a year. About 6 months of that I was not getting paid. During that time she Bought me a phone as some type of “payment ”. She is making payments on it and has paused the service. She now is trying to report it as stolen. She owes me a good sum of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for West Virginia on
Q: I owe back child support child's mom dropped back child support then got upset and went and had it reapplied is this le

Mother got upset I wasn't able to do a favor and had back child support reapplied after dropping it And can apparently do this as often as she'd like is this legal do I have an argument to have it either removed or substantially reduced?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.