Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Divorce legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Divorce Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Divorce and Family Law for Wyoming on
Q: I have filed an appeal to a divorce case. Is the decision suspended until the appeal is settled?
Matthew A Walker
Matthew A Walker
answered on Jun 7, 2024

Even pending appeal, a District Court's decision remains in effect unless there is some type of restraining order or injunction which would stay the order. The process is difficult to navigate, so I would reach out to a reputable family lawyer or appeal lawyer to assist you in understanding... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Divorce for Wyoming on
Q: There was a written contract between 2 individuals is it a legal contract?

The individuals wrote up a contract stating if they ever separated, that the other party could keep certain items, a car as long as the other party made the payments, their phone, and various other items. Yet now that they are separating the other party is refusing to allow the other party to have... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 19, 2024

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. Ordinarily, you could write a contract for division of property any way you want, but a separation could add an additional dimension to the way some things are divided. A divorce attorney could advise best here. Good... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Estate Planning and Probate for Wyoming on
Q: Can a divorce decree act as a will?

When my parents divorced, they agreed to leave the house in both of their names. When one dies it is left to the ex-spouse and when they both die, it is divided among the kids. Both remarried. My father passed without a will. They did not have any other documentation, such as Right to Survivorship... View More

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 14, 2023

Because your father passed without a will, his estate will be administered under the laws of intestate succession. That does give his new wife very high priority. However, your mother, who I assume survived him, should be able to make a claim against the estate for the house based on the divorce... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.