Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arizona Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Arizona on
Q: What court of appeals in ninth circuit in California should I appeal my civil complaint to if need be?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 28, 2015

Just asking this question indicates to me that you need to go speak with an appellate attorney about this.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Arizona on
Q: Can I file a criminal appeal for my boyfriend? Are their any pro-bono appeals lawyers? How many days do you have from se

Sentencing to file your appeal?

Timothy Alan Provis
Timothy Alan Provis answered on Dec 18, 2013

Dear ?,

To appeal, your boyfriend must sign his own notice of appeal which must be filed in the superior court in the county where he was convicted no more than 30 days aftewr sentencing. If bf is indigent, that is, too poor to afford counsel, the State of Arizona must appoint counsel for...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.