Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Banking Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Probate and Banking for Nevada on
Q: cash a check from a loved one who passed?

My brother became sick and he wrote me a check for $30000 i deposited it to my account but it was denied due to funds not being in checking so he transfered funds and wrote me another check i deposited it then he died the check was denied for an unknown reason my account was froze then closed due... View More

Lee Drizin
Lee Drizin
answered on Feb 9, 2023

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. In the event his estate consisted solely of the bank account and it was under $25,000, then you would be able to access the account through the use of Nevada's Small Estate Affidavit. Unfortunately, due to the amount involved, this will not be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Banking for Nevada on
Q: This is what happened to me. My bank gave out my balances that resulted in 90k taken from my bank. They even called me

That they were aware they made the mistake and were investigating. Never heard back from them. I guess there was a judgment in a civil case that I was completely unaware of.. I mean nothing. They didn't show that I was served, called or anything. Now they did have a curior say that he... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Dec 6, 2021

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Since this involves a judgment, a collections attorney would probably have better insight here than a personal injury attorney. There's no guarantee all posts are ultimately picked up, but you could repost and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Collections, Identity Theft and Social Security for Nevada on
Q: Credit report account made but not by me?

So I go to credit karma to make acc. They tell me a acc already made with a email. And told me what email. My biological fathers. And so on. Apparently goes on it everyday? Why? My credit. I’m 25. I am mentally disable. Growing up. I guess as a aunt said. He used me for debt. Wells Fargo credit... View More

Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
answered on Aug 30, 2021

If someone has misused your Social Security number or other personal information to create credit or other problems for you, then you need to take action right away. Go to - it is a website managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) - and they will help you with a recovery... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Banking, Collections and Gov & Administrative Law for Nevada on
Q: I'm filing for bankruptcy own my house my niece is living in it while I live with my mother. Can they seize my house?

I live in my mother's house to take care of her, so I let my niece live in my house.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 25, 2021

These questions need to be answered by your bankruptcy attorney after he has reviewed your finances.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Business Formation, Business Law and Collections for Nevada on
Q: Is there a lawyer that can assist with a pay day loan / hard money loan startup?

Need help obtaining a 604a license and any other items needed for the startup

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 4, 2021

A Nevada attorney could assist best, but your question remains open for a month. Given the Q & A format of this board, it could be difficult for a law firm to come forth and offer their services like in an attorney referral site. At this point, you could reach out to attorneys. There's a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Business Law and Consumer Law for Nevada on
Q: Can we use words such as depositor, CD, Money Market with an investment account if we aren't a bank?

Can w use words such as depositor, CD, Money Market with an investment account if we aren't a bank? Our service. this investment account is very similar to a savings account in that you put your money in and you can take it out with very short notice, and you get a fixed return. It is an... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Mar 3, 2020

The last time I looked, the unauthorized use of any of the financial terms you asked about, as well as many other banking, financial and investment terms, is prohibited in every state of the United States. It this were not the case you would see hundreds of thousands of small businesses offering... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking for Nevada on
Q: I opened a capital one 360 checking account. I loaded 3 checks 2 did not clear but the 3rd one has. Can not access fund

Funds have been in my available and current balance for 3 weeks now I have never taken any money out of this account they say there going to close it but it could take up to 3 years for a check to be returned and they wont let me access my money

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 12, 2019

Most commercial banks have an old saying they teach all tellers to rely upon: "Know your depositor." This wise advice also applies to regular people who open new accounts in the high-tech world of today--where fraudulent checks are now everywhere. Why would you expect Capital One to give... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Banking for Nevada on
Q: I am a Nevada resident & I have a high interest loan from, do they need to be licensed in Nevada to lend?

If I check their website for Nevada loans,

I receive a message stating "Unfortunately, personal loans through NetCredit are not currently available in your state.

We are working hard to provide access to fast, trustworthy credit... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 28, 2019

There is a big difference between borrowing from a lender not authorized to make loans in Nevada and repaying a loan to a lender that is not authorized to make loans in Nevada.

Reading between the lines here tells me that

(1) you have been obligated to repay this (terrible) loan...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.