Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

California Personal Injury Questions & Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Entertainment / Sports, Gaming and Personal Injury for California on

Q: how can we sue two companies named "EA Games" and "evenbalance" ?


i am a gamer who plays Video games day by day.

recently i got banned by an anti cheat Company called punkbuster without any using of cheats.

while i have payed 180 $ for my game.(*** Note : i accept the price is small but it's not only me who is involved... two named... Read more »

William John Light answered on Jul 26, 2019

Small Claims, at best.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for California on

Q: Are emergence vehicle's allowable to brake the laws say for example running red lights

Theodore Allan Greene answered on Jul 24, 2019

Every case is unique and there is no way to answer your question without more facts. I have a current case where an ambulance ran a red light and collided with my clients vehicle and we are pursuing damages for our client. But having said that... I can't say whether you might have a case without... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Wrongful Death for California on

Q: Daughter died of heroine overdose after over a year clean. Was prescribed Percocet after C section. Dr aware of history

At first she refused but needed for pain. Then her brother informed us she asked him to get her more he refused. Found dead month after baby was born. Does hospital hold any liability.

Theodore Allan Greene answered on Jul 24, 2019

I am very sorry for your loss. It's not possible for someone to give you advice about your situation with the limited information available in this forum. You should immediately sit down with a local attorney and discuss the situation. If the first attorney doesn't want to take the case ask them... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Personal Injury for California on

Q: Can I still sue my employer from a injury that happened in February of 2017 even if I just settled a workers comp.claim.

I'm gonna be unable to work because my injury will always be a part of my everyday life. A box slammed down on my left hand between my thumb and wrist and has left a large knot that hurts when lifting things and excessive usage causes it to swell. Doctors have named it chronic pain syndrome and... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 19, 2019

you are asking a workers comp question on a PI or Criminal law forum.

hopefully, you had a lawyer on the WC case and that is to whom you should pose the question.

WC is usually the solution for work injuries and you should have been paid for future meds too.

contact a WC...
Read more »

Q: Type of attorney for harmful rx practices of 2 doctors, severe brain injuries by hospitals refusal to care

Permanently disabled prior to incidentd. Severe losses. Cause involves 1 of 2 drs already prosecuted by state of CA medical board, san diego hospital refusal to care, sheriff refusal to report . kidnapped from ER taken by ambulatory delivery to a border naval hospital, refused to treat acute... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 14, 2019

More info needed.

for negligence by a doctor or medical providers you would want a med mal atty

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Consumer Law and Personal Injury for California on

Q: Wrongful repossession a few months after we paid in full the lender including repo fees and repo company to recover it?

We defaulted a $2500 loan car was repossessed and we were given the opportunity to recover it. Pay in full the amount of loan, with the agreed interest, penalties, repo fees, etc... Also upon picking up our vehicle from the Auto auction where it was located have another $200+ dollars for an... Read more »

Daniel Timothy LeBel answered on Jul 13, 2019

Dear consumer,

More facts would be necessary to evaluate your situation. Filling in some of the blanks, it sounds like this lender failed to comply with California law which requires post repossession notice.

Further, under any states' laws, if you had already paid off the vehicle...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Civil Rights and Insurance Defense for California on

Q: In a WC case, can the defendant party deny me appearing for my deposition by remote or electronic means?

I have a desire to appear by either telephone or by remote or electronic means for a deposition

The judge doesn’t seem to have a problem with it, since I can get a recommendation from my clinical treating therapist or get ADA accomodations.

The representing attorney said it was... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 11, 2019

more info needed.

you need to ask this in a Workers Comp forum...this is a PI forum.

most WC lawyers will give you a free consultation and if you are in the middle of a claim and do not have a lawyer..........shame on you.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for California on

Q: is a California hoa responsible for wrongful death? An elderly man died in our HOA hot tub. The clubhouse attendant who

is paid until 10 pm daily and closes up the cabana and bathrooms. The attendant came to the hot tub at 9:54 pm. She said the 81 year old was exposed and left him in the hot tub. Even though he had his cane showing. i know him well and know he would have exposed himself.

The autopsy shows... Read more »

William John Light answered on Jul 10, 2019

I don't know what "was exposed" means. He was naked? What does his "cane showing" mean? Why does any of that suggest that the attendant knew or should have known that the 81 year old was at risk of death?

Whether any of this adds up to wrongful death depends on a lot of factors that...
Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on

Q: I would like to know if a driver is at fault for hitting a pedestrian turning out into traffic.

I am a 17 year old son of a mother who had recently been in a collision with a minor on a bike. The minor turned in front of her vehicle -while she turned into the lane she had waited legally for traffic to allow- from the blind spot made by an adjacent vehicle the minor was biking next to. The boy... Read more »

William John Light answered on Jul 9, 2019

No one could make a guess about who is at fault without reviewing all of the available evidence. However, fault isn't all or nothing. Everyone might have some proportional fault.

Your mother's insurance company owes her a defense and indemnity. It will appoint an attorney to defend her...
Read more »

View More Answers

Q: Am I entitled to TTD benefits if the QME reported 3X I was TTD and could not return to work under no circumstances?

My employer filed my claim for industrial injury. The QME determined my injury was predominantly industrial on more than one occasion and that I was unable to return to work under no circumstances. This can also be supported by my treating doctors for treatment I recieve on a private basis.... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 7, 2019




View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for California on

Q: My neighbor kept throwing trash, debris, heavy objects (ie paving bricks, rocks...) into my backyard.

I've talked to them twice, called the police once. No collaboration & things just got worse, am afraid it'd escalated & someone might get hurt.

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 4, 2019

Take pix to gather evidence and sue in small claims for up to $10k.

before you sue consider sending a letter setting forth all that has happened and give them 10 days to remedy the situation and sue in superior court with a lawyer or small claims.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Domestic Violence for California on

Q: What's the best way to handle an invasive/dangerous neighbor ?

My neighbor throw large & heavy objects/rubbish into my backyard, talks & police didn't help. It was their son (mentally-challenged?) who needs more & closer supervision, his parents seemed NOT doing enough to prevent these "incidents" to happen. They damaged our plants, beddings...besides the... Read more »

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 4, 2019

First, i would install a surveillance recording camera to gather evidence

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for California on

Q: My 18-yo son may have been hurt by a research study. Does the institution have any responsibility for his med care?

We are in California. As part of a study on treating youth with growth issues, my son was given meds typically used by breast cancer patients. He was on the meds for approx 2 years. 2 years later he developed Spondyloarthritis and faces a lifetime of issues with his hips and back. We have reason to... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 2, 2019

much more info needed.

With law you have to prove your allegations. When you have proof, even then a judge or jury may not agree or there might be a statute of limitations issue.

There is also the issue of what agreement you signed since it was experimental.

this is not the...
Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Employment Discrimination for California on

Q: What should I do to change date of claimed injury on my notice application from workers compensation

I received notice of application letter from workers compensation and I just realized that the date of claimed injury was wrong date. Should I call and inform my lawyer about this and ask to change it with the actual date?

William John Light answered on Jun 19, 2019

This a great question for your lawyer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Contracts and Personal Injury for California on

Q: Our contracted Payer didn't pay our company for over 45 days, Which forced us to close. What recourse can we take?


Freedom West coop S.F. got a new accountant April 1st, 2019. Instead of getting a check for 3/15/19 through 3/31/19 We received a notice of accountants that the only issuance of checks would be done on a 30-day cycle. Who did not pay the Vendors till April 28 through 5/15/19 The notice... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jun 19, 2019

much more info needed.

you need to contact a business lawyer who does civil litigation in your area........i handle DUI's and Accidents in Palm Springs area....however i suspect they will all require a retainer and bill on an hourly basis....

you should write out a summary of the...
Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for California on

Q: The defendant definitely has the ability to pay. His annual income for the past three years has been $7mil, $8mil,$11mil

And what I meant by “proven” was that his employee finally admitted to the forgery (under oath) and he amends his original declaration and apologized to me and over $30k is returned to me over one year later. This has been a nightmare for me. I don’t understand why he or the employee are... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow answered on Jun 19, 2019 is a federal offense b/c of the mail box/postal authority.

did you report to police? why not filing/arrest?

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Elder Law for California on

Q: Why is it so difficult to find a lawyer for Dependent Adult Financial Abuse case when EADACPA awards attorney fees?

The case is well documented, proven and the crime has even been admitted to under oath in federal seems as if there are few (none) attorneys familiar with or interested in taking a civil case involving financial abuse of a dependent adult. The Elder Abuse Dependent Adult Civil... Read more »

Randall R. Walton answered on Jun 19, 2019

It is not clear what you mean when you say the case has already been "proven" in court, but the remedies of attorneys' fees and punitive damages you mention are only realized after a verdict. That means your case must be tried, which you probably know is a long and expensive pathway. If your case... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for California on

Q: Teen deliberately drags 10 year old to deep end of the pool while knowing she doesn’t know how to swim and nearly drowns

Both of them; can she be charged and if so what are the charges?

William John Light answered on Jun 16, 2019

The decision to charge criminally belongs to the District Attorney. Whether they would pursue charges in this case is unknown. A full examination of the fact would be necessary to even guess what the DA might do. Child Endangerment might apply.... Read more »

View More Answers

6 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Personal Injury for California on

Q: Dui accident on 06/13/19 , charged with involuntary vehicular manslaughter/ great bodily injury in,San Bernardino county

Accident was caused by , the negligence of a semi truck driver makeing a sudden illegal u-turn .

Clearly marked "NO U-TURNS"!

In a marked 50 mph zone.

William John Light answered on Jun 16, 2019

There could be a personal injury claim arising out of this for the decedent and any injured. Consult with a PI attorney.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.