Delaware Small Claims Questions & Answers

Q: I have a bad mold issue. I have had it professionally tested and the results came back horrible. What is my next step?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Delaware on
Answered on Jul 5, 2018
Camille Brooks Ibrahim's answer
You can sue the landlord considering you were under his premises while the mold accumulated! That is a premises liability suit depending on the time frame the mold was formed.

Q: I had a judgment against me a few years ago now money they want is two times as much as before

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Delaware on
Answered on Jun 8, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
You have not really asked a question, but I assume you want to know how the amount owed can be so much more than you originally owed. Start with looking at the judgment. It will tell you all the amounts that were awarded, such as interest, costs. If they have contacted you about payment, ask them to give you a breakdown of the amount they claim is owed.

Q: Does a defenant need to be home when a levy on personal property is executed by the constable.

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Delaware on
Answered on Jan 6, 2013
Charles Snyderman's answer
A defendant does not have to be home when the constable levies on personal property. However, before the levy can be made, the constable has to serve the documents on the defendant. Service can be made personally on the defendant or by leaving the papers with an adult who resides in the same residence as the defendant. The levy consists of the constable making an inventory of the personal property. Of course, someone needs to be home at the time of the levy. A constable cannot break down the...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.