Indiana Business Formation Questions & Answers

Q: In an LLC, can members be anonymous to othwr members?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Indiana on
Answered on Apr 20, 2018
Benton R Patterson III's answer
An attorney would need to review the LLC operating agreement. It may be easier to multiple business entities to mask the owner's identify. You should speak with a local business attorney.

Q: My wife and I are caring for her mother in our home. Is a LLC or corporation a precaution to limit our liability ?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Business Formation, Elder Law and Personal Injury for Indiana on
Answered on Apr 28, 2017
Chase T Wilson's answer
I'm not sure how you'd be held liable for anything here if you're taking care of your daughter's mother. Forming an LLC seems like a bit much.

Q: I pitched a technology start-up idea to a family relative, he liked it and agreed to invest.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Securities Law for Indiana on
Answered on Apr 10, 2017
Jonathan R. Roth's answer
The answer to your question depends on the Tax Treaty between your relatives home country and the USA. Generally, interest paid to foreign nationals on loans made in the USA are subject to US taxes and withholding. The amount of the tax and the withholding is dictated by a tax treaty between the USA and the foreign national. If there is no tax treaty then the US tax would be 30% subject to certain elections which could be made by the foreign national. The withholding would be at least 10%....

Q: Can you get a liquor license in Indiana if you had a OWI in 2012

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Business Formation and DUI / DWI for Indiana on
Answered on Oct 2, 2016
Paul Stanko's answer
You need to provide more information. Were you convicted or just arrested?

Q: What do I need to do to buy a mom and pop business that is for sell.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation for Indiana on
Answered on May 16, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
You should hire an experienced attorney who can assist you with a contract, due diligence, and the closing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.