Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Insurance Bad Faith for Louisiana on
Q: Just had my forma pauperis statis accepted on a suit for over 100000 do i ask for hearing to obtain evidence now

How do i file for trial

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan answered on Jun 3, 2019

You should consult with an attorney to represent you.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Louisiana on
Q: How long does a insurance company has to pay on replacement cost claims after the receipts are turned in?

I submitted them on the June 21,2018 and again on the July 25, 2018 because they claim they were to light. Never had a problem before .

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 3, 2018

Is this your insurance company or the other driver's company?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Personal Injury and Insurance Bad Faith for Louisiana on
Q: Can our policy be cancelled during litigation when all premiums have been paid?

Our church is being sued for a "trip and fall" and our policy has been cancelled for "failure to maintain our building". But no one has come to investigate the situation at all. it is as if the insurance company is taking the plaintiffs word on the matter. I am very frustrated. Any advice would be... Read more »

David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf answered on Aug 24, 2017

You should consult with an attorney. It is odd that the insurance company is cancelling the policy for failure to maintain the building. Typically, policies are challenged by the carrier if there is a misrepresentation or a failure to pay the premium. There may be a way to force the insurance... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Louisiana on
Q: My insurance has denied a medical surgery procedure.

If I hire an attourney and it is proven that I do need this procedure, do I pay out of pocket or does my insurance cover my attourney costs.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 13, 2016

Depends on your state's law regarding "bad faith" . Contact a member of the Louisiana Assn for Justice who handles insurance bad faith. In the meantime be sure they put the reason for their denial in writing.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Louisiana on
Q: In a wreck. Other driver t-boned my vehicle. My vehicle is a total loss. His insurance company paid the car off.

Can I file a claim against my own insurance company and use that money to purchase a new vehicle?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 30, 2016

Assuming they paid for the damage to the car, you can't file a second claim for the same thing--look at your policy.You would have a claim for your injury so contact a member of the La. Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Louisiana on
Q: Should I pursue legal action to have claim settled?

I was involved in an auto accident in December 2015 which totaled my vehicle. I was accused of staging the accident by the insurance company. A full investigation was done and is now completed. I didnt stage the accident. Here we are in April 2016 and as if this process hasn't been drug out long... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 29, 2016

Contact a member of the La. Trial Lawyers Assn who handles bad faith claims--they give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Car Accidents for Louisiana on
Q: What if I was in an auto accident in Louisiana and my final bill or notice of cancellation was within ten days of the

accident when I could not afford to pay my premium is that insurance company still liable if I was in a not at fault accident

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Nov 14, 2015

Check the policy and local lawyer to see if there was a grace period. A local lawyer can review and advise.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.