In the forming of an LLC, the OA stated the shares are valued at 1% for $300. One member was supposed to pay $15,300 for 51% and the other member $14,700 for 49%. BUT each submitted $15,000 cashier checks. Is it still 51%\49% or is it 50-50 by default?
The amount of money one contributes to a business startup does not determine the relative share of ownership by the investors. There can be other factors considered, such as time spent on project, know how, which can weigh into the computation. If you have any questions about fairness at this...Read more »
The business says a refund is only refunded due to inclement weather. The city of New Orleans is on a mandatory shutdown and the event is cancelled, so the business won’t be needed. They said they won’t give the deposit back and use it as a credit. The event won’t be happening or rescheduled... Read more »
It would be difficult for a Louisiana attorney to advise you on that, given the basic question-answer format of this board. You should think about contacting a Louisiana attorney and setting up a consultation. The forms you mention could depend on your business. Some forms are standard templates;...Read more »
As a general matter, bills are usually written by lawmakers. They can also come from other elected officials as well. But lawmakers should be attentive to the voices of their constituents, and many lawmakers welcome correspondence from citizens as to their ideas and thoughts. You could contact the...Read more »
After forming the LLC, I was planning on forming a DBA to drop the LLC from the business name. Example of that "Bob Building LLC" as the corporate name and "Bob Building" as the business name. However, when I go to apply for a DBA under "Bob Building", the state of... Read more »
Depending on your usage need, you are generally allowed to use the registered business name with or without the "LLC," without filing a DBA. The DBA is typically used when a substantially different name is used in commerce than the business's legal name, or when an entity, typically...Read more »
I'm starting a home improvement LLC. To register with the state licensing board for contractors I need proof of at least $100,000 in liability insurance and workers compensation insurance in accordance with title 23 of LA revised statutes of 1950. I need to know what that entails for when I... Read more »
The state licensing board wants to see that you are qualified (its test requirement) and have some, limited assets - including the financial starting funds and insurance policies -- to protect not only any workers that you hire (or that are uninsured), but also any third person that might be harmed...Read more »
Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.
The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.
Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.