Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Missouri on
Q: Can the LS Police Dept. override an affidavit signed and notorized for commitment for mental health treatment

My son tried to commit suicide in Pleasant Hill. The police chief brought in an ambulance and wanted him sent to Truman East. He was sent to LS Hospital. I signed an affidavit saying he was a danger to me and himself. It was notarized. When I left hospital at 9:00 they were waiting to hear... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Sep 10, 2015

Yes, what you signed is just an affidavit, you have to do much more than that. Go see a local lawyer about getting him admitted to a mental health facility.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.