Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Ohio Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: Any active cymbalta lawsuits?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 26, 2017

There was a claim in the 9th circuit that seemed to run into some type of problem. Contact a member of the Ohio Assn for Justice who handles Pharmaceutical litigation. They give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: Is it illegal to use someone else's social security number to add your self as an authorized users to an account?

Ex-wife purchased a phone when we had a joint account with t-mobile. After She decided to get a divorce she got her own account and I removed her from mine including being an authorized user. Since she has left and the divorce has been finalized she has not paid for her phone like she said she... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 12, 2017

Covered by the divorce decree. If she violated that, yes. If not, it's an expensive hassle.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Consumer Law for Ohio on
Q: I purchased a shower surround wall and base in 2015. It leaks from two cracked places and has to be remove.

To remove, the contractor has to disturb new walls and flooring estimated $6800.00. Who is responsible.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 29, 2017

Assuming that you can show that the cracks have no damage around them, and it was installed properly, you can make a claim on the manufacturer and whoever you bought it from.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: I went to speedway and got a fountain drink.I was drinking it and then I noticed that it was tasting funny

I went home and noticed that a battery was in the bottom of my cup.My dr is aware of this matter.

Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman answered on May 16, 2017

If you're asking about a cause of action to bring, you need an injury or damages which you didn't included. You should notify the place you bought your drink and perhaps the local health department.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Business Formation and Business Law for Ohio on
Q: I'm creating a game that has people travel the city. If they are injured, am I liable? Do I need a waiver or insurance?

Players will not be on my business property. The game utilizes different symbols or locations in the city like a scavenger hunt.

If I would be liable for injuries, would having a mandatory waiver as a part of my website's terms and conditions (that players must agree to in order to... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 3, 2017

As you describe it, if you make part of the rules they comply with all laws etc you shouldn't be liable. If it's a drinking game, that might be different.

2 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Contracts, Products Liability and Small Claims for Ohio on
Q: Can the landlord give my security deposit to the neighbor?What is the legal definition of premises,just rented property?

I trimmed the neighbors bushes that were a fire and safety hazard next to my past residence because my land lord doesnt take care of the property and didnt want to talk to the neighbor. He told me where he thought the property line was so I trimmed the bushes on that line. The neighbor went berserk... Read more »

Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap answered on Feb 1, 2017

If you gave landlord your forwarding address before you left, landlord must give you an itemized list of any deductions to your security deposit within 30 days. If he did not, then you can sue him for double the amount wrongfully withheld plus your attorney fees. Use the Find a Lawyer tab here on... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: what can be done about buying a car off an individual thats not safe to drive?

gas tank leaks and break line leaks

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 6, 2016

If you bought it used, it's on you unless you can show he had to know and conceal it. In that case get estimates of cost of fix, if he doesn't pay, sue him in small claims. But get both fixed.

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: A company I purchased a car from ask me to rewrite checks because they misplaced them should I

I was asked too right six check to be deposited bi-weekly for my purchase they deposited some of them and has said they lost the rest should I do this or not

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 5, 2016

Sounds fishy. Talk to your bank. Generally, you can stop payment (get them to pay the charges) and sort it out.If the balance hasn't been cashed then you should be ok with a rewrite. Note on the check what it is for.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: I bought candies from grocery store. After I ate it I found bugs on it. I was sick. Is the store responsible for it?

I tired to go communicate but they told me to go find manufactor industry. I recorded what they said and I still got that candy with bugs. They were in bad manner and they totally denied everything.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Feb 12, 2016

You might have a claim again the store and/or manufacturer. The value depends on the nature and extent of your damages. A local products liability lawyer can advise.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: I bought cold medicine from a local chain store and took some without realizing it was expired, it made me sick

could I take legal action?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Oct 3, 2015

The viability of your claim will depend on being able to show the medicine made you sick (as opposed to whatever sickness you already had that led you to take the medicine), as well as the nature and extent of your injuries. You can consult with a local products liability lawyer about your specific... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: How much do I think a back injury is worth I was in a gm car when back was broke requiring surgery and $188,000 in medic

Medical bills and 1 year off work

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on May 29, 2015

This is a serious case and you should be represented by an experienced Ohio personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer will be able to best advise you on the value of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.