Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Government Contracts and Military Law for Kansas on
Q: Yes I have a question about my case Kolbek v. 3m company. Case number 7:2021cv9491. Filed March 5th 2021 the judges nam

M. Casey Rogers in result of the 3 M earplugs lawsuit personal injury. Product liability. So I have not heard a word on this issue and my tinnitus is getting worse with partial hearing loss.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 6, 2021

A Kansas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the suffering you're experiencing. If you're represented by counsel here, they would be in the best position to answer. Without knowing the particulars of your case, a general feature of many... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: Rental car>Bad Tags>Pulled over>Charged with FIP>Car Impounded>Jailed

Rented a car and was pulled over due to bad tags. Children's mother forgot firearm. Now being charged with felon in possession. I thought my car was supposed to have valid tags. Now facing multiple felonies.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 19, 2020

A Kansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks and time is of the essence in your actions. Reach out to a Kansas City criminal defense attorney, or if qualifying based on need, you could look into whether you are eligible for a public defender. Good luck... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: I rent, plumbing issue, I have to pay, only been here 2 months, they have no prior proof work was done before lived

Even if it were hair clogging, would that be from just my two months and be my responsibility, seems like something that’s meant happening over the years..

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 4, 2020

Based on these facts, it's difficult to determine who is liable for the clogging. You could repost in the Landlord-Tenant section, where an attorney with the best insight into these types of situations would have a better chance of picking up your question. As a practical matter, even if you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: A drunk driver totaled my parked car. Once the driver's insurance company pays the max amount for personal property

Damage which is only $10,000 in Missouri . Can I sue the individual for the extra expenses I incurred that his insurance didn't pay for. Down payment for a new car, sales tax, and registration.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 3, 2019

An attorney who practices in Kansas would be able to advise in the best possible manner, but your question remains open for a week. When you agree with the driver's insurance company on a settlement figure, they will ask you to sign a release. The language of the release will probably preclude... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Internet Law for Kansas on
Q: I'm looking to create an online course that shows people how to overcome panic attacks and chronic anxiety. Need advice.

I'd like to know what I can or can not say or do within my course, as well as the sales letter for it. I want to abide by the law, etc. I personally beat chronic anxiety and panic attacks with more natural approaches and techniques, and want to include them in the course.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 29, 2017

Avoid plagiarizing copywrited materials. You need to include advice as to when a person should consult a therapist or doctor.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Products Liability, Federal Crimes and Health Care Law for Kansas on
Q: Are stores legally allowed to sell CBD oil to customers without a medical marijuana license?

I thought you needed a license to purchase CBD in MO because of the law that passed in 2014. I've been seeing CBD stores stating it's not needed to purchase the products. Is this legal? I don't want to get into trouble for purchasing.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 29, 2017

If they are online that is different, but you could have issues by getting it in the mail from them. If they are in state, you need to contact whoever licenses such businesses.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: I let a friend borrow over $2,000 worth of my DeWalt power tools to work on some house hold projects. Before I could get

The tools Return to me his house was raided by the police. Out of all the things that were seized from the house my tools were the only things because they were believed by the police to be stolen which they were not. How would I come about getting my tools return to me before they become unclaimed?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 26, 2016

Talk to the police about how you file a claim for them.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: What legally is considered a "sale" online? Or legally considered an "Online Sale"?

Example: A customer logs onto a website, "reserves" products online, but does not actually pay for the products online. He/she only "reserves" the products. Only when the customer is actually present at the location does he/she have to actually pay for the items... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Oct 11, 2015

The context of the question (tax liability, jurisdiction, etc.) is not clear.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Kansas on
Q: Total hip replacement were Depuy Metal on Metal implant was used is this product liablitiy case or medical mal practic
Brian F Davis
Brian F Davis answered on Jan 24, 2013

In most situations, a defective medical device is treated as a products liability case and not a medical malpractice case. Unless you have evidence that your doctor breached the medical standard of care (medical negligence) during the surgery or knew that the device was defective when he/she did... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.