Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Products Liability legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Rhode Island Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Tax Law and Car Accidents for Rhode Island on
Q: Can I own an unregistered vehicle if I don’t use the vehicle

I’m trying to buy a vehicle and I won’t be able to register it for 2 months.

Albin Moser
Albin Moser pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 21, 2023

Yes, you can own a vehicle that is not registered yet. Until you register it you can't drive it.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Libel & Slander for Rhode Island on
Q: I am considering writing a book about my proven harm. Can I name names without worry of liability?

My proof is legally obtained audio in the state of Rhode Island. However, due to state statutes, I had no legal case.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 21, 2023

A Rhode Island attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you're able to speak with an attorney who is knowledgeable about legal issues for authors, in general, there is no controlling whether subjects named in a book would sue. Such lawsuits could be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Legal Malpractice for Rhode Island on
Q: I have a GPS monitor on. It has caused permanent damage to my ankle. Can I sue for damages?

I'm on Interstate Parole. I had a violation and had to go back and serve 90 days. Upon release and arrival back to Rhode Island, a GPS monitor was attached. The first time I had a monitor, it was for 90 days. I did not get any marks then.

However, it has been six months since I... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 23, 2021

I'm not hearing you had medical treatement. Until you get it there is no record showing you have anything caused by the monitor. Once you have that you can ask to have it switched to the other ankle or made so that you can work a sock in between the brace and your ankle.

You should...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Small Claims and Products Liability for Rhode Island on
Q: Hi, I moved in with a close friend like 5 months ago to rent out a room in her house. No verbal agreement was signed, be

sides that i would pay half. now shes trying to "evict" me. What do i do ????

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 2, 2020

This is something a Rhode Island landlord-tenant attorney should advise on. But your post remains open for four weeks. The other categories aren't really relevant. But as a practical matter at this point, if the dynamic in such close confines is uncomfortable, whatever the state of affairs... View More

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for Rhode Island on
Q: hello i have lost an $2200 camera that i rented whats going to happen to me ?
Thomas Briody
Thomas Briody
answered on Feb 13, 2019

If you truly lost the item, then you have most likely not committed a crime. However, you are responsible for the loss, and you will have to reimburse the person who loaned you the camera. That means you are most likely going to have to pay the value of the camera back.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.