Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Securities Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: Two people were in my house and recorded an audio altercation we had without my consent or knowledge. Is this legal?
Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson
answered on Sep 7, 2021

Georgia is known as a single party consent state. That means that as long as one person in the conversation is aware it is being recorded then it is a proper and legal recording. There are States like Florida which require all parties know and consent to the recording.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: I have a levy on my house in Georgia by a person I have never entered into a contract with. Can I file a restraining

To prevent anymore interference on his part to make him stop interfering in my contract that he has already made a mess of. He was told in Dec2020 that he is not part of our real estate contract and not to attempt to speak on our buyers behalf. I do not know this person and he has now levied my... Read more »

Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore
answered on Sep 5, 2021

Restraining him won't resolve the lien. Meet with an attorney to discuss the actual situation and allow the attorney to ask questions. Only in this way will you find a way through your problems.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: If I purchase foreclosures to re-sell, using the money of another person am I at risk with SEC of selling securities?

I create an LLC with 1 other person that finances the purchases. I do all of the work. Houses are purchased in the name of the LLC. We are both 50/50 partners of the LLC. I sell the house and we split net profit 50/50.

If I do this with other investors, creating a separate LLC with each... Read more »

Robert W. Pearce
Robert W. Pearce
answered on Feb 8, 2021


1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: We purchased our house in 2008, only to find there's a breech of contract—title NOT free of encumbrances.

We discovered in 2016 our house was foreclosed back in 2011 by the bank that issued our builder's loan. This has robbed us access to our equity and the consideration upon signing the contract to begin with. We are still living in the house. Is the contract void? What are our rights?

Seth Meyerson
Seth Meyerson
answered on Oct 8, 2020

I think we talked about this one at some length.

1. Figure out what a third-party bank thinks is wrong with your title, if anything. -- Title insurance issue.

2. What were the terms of the modification that you signed? Were there misrepresentations made to you to induce your...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: In Georgia, who can I sue for security deposit - landlord or property manager (as owner's designated agent)?
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
answered on Jan 1, 2020

The landlord is the proper party to sue. If the landlord is unavailable, then pursue a case against the landlord’s agent.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: I am a widow i am asking why can't I draw 1/2 of my husband's social security I am on disability
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 18, 2019

When two married people are both old enough to receive SS benefits, assuming both worked the required amount of time to be eligible, each spouse gets to chose whether they want to claim their own SS benefits or claim spousal SS benefits--usually 50% of whatever the other spouse is receiving. For... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Small Claims, Criminal Law and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: My girlfriend is 15 and I’m 16 we both want her to come to my house out of her county

Her parents don’t know am I breaking any laws, she’ll only be there for 1 day

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 15, 2019

This is not a securities law question; nor is it a small claims question; nor is it a civil rights question; so that only leaves criminal law--which is what you both may learn about very soon if you continue of the path you are taking.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: False report of a crime. Unlawful. Conduct.
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on May 29, 2018

Is there a question?

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: By Ga Law am I required to clean carpet and repaint walls in the home I'm renting my security dep is being threatened.
Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill
answered on Oct 12, 2016

If your lease requires you to clean the carpet before you leave, you have to do so. Similarly, if you changed the colors of the walls during your tenancy, the landlord may require you to return them to the original colors. Similarly, if the paint has been damaged beyond the normal wear and tear,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.