Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Sexual Harassment legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Utah Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: A neighbor accused our 12 year old of getting nakid with her either holding her against the wall or laying on top of

her cps was called by the school and we are meeting with a detective tomorrow. Does he need legal counsel?

Chase Van Oostendorp
Chase Van Oostendorp
answered on Jan 13, 2022

Absolutely. These are very serious allegations that may have serious consequences (expulsion from school, protective orders, etc.)

I highly suggest speaking with an attorney who specializes in juvenile law.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: can you take 30 year old male relative sending 15 year old niece naked photos from snap chat app, pictures weren’t saved

Niece is 15 and her cousin is 30 he has sent her pictures or his private part but it’s sent from Snapchat and the pictures weren’t saved. The whole conversation is saved but no pictures. In the conversation he does state he’s going to send it and also more than once, he states in one of the... View More

Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Feb 7, 2020

The short answer is yes, you can sue. You could file a suit claiming negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc. The real question is does the pervy cousin have assets worth the fight? If he owns a home, has a high-paying job, or there is some other asset which may be able to be... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: If a guy is 19 years old and dating a 17 year old can parent call cops and get guy in jail or anything

19 year old guy dating 17 year old girl, and hasn’t committed sexual intercourse can parent get cops involved and have 19 year old arrested and charged

Lane Wood
Lane Wood
answered on Jan 15, 2020

Having dealt with similar cases before, I know that these situations can be difficult. I don't know if the 19 year old guy is doing anything particularly bad or if you simply don't want him around your daughter. Unfortunately, with the information provided, I do not believe that the... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: Can I put a restraining order on someone who sexually harrassed my wife?

There is this co worker at her job who called her in a secluded room and try to unbutton her pants twice with out my wife's consent, to the point where my wife had to lie about being on her period. Two separate times.

Lane Wood
Lane Wood
answered on Jan 4, 2020

I’m sorry to hear about what you and your wife are going through. I would recommend calling the police first. If the co-Worker is charged with a crime, the police can also implement a no contact order.

Additionally, your wife may have civil remedies available to her. She likely qualifies...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: Order to show cause?

I filed an order to show cause over a month ago and he never filed an answer. He does have an attorney and has since thw beginning. My court hearing is in 8 days and he just barely sent me a response today. In was just wondering if he's allowed to do that? Because in was told I had to file a... View More

Lane Wood
Lane Wood
answered on Jan 3, 2020

I think that you may be confusing the time to respond to a Petition (likely for custody or divorce) and the time to respond to an order to show cause. The 21 days to respond applies to a Petition or complaint that is served upon you. On the other hand, an Order to Show cause has different... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: When I was 9 (I'm 14 now)someone tried to rape me and did sexually assault me can I press charges w/ no evidence?
Benjamin Oxford
Benjamin Oxford
answered on Jun 7, 2019

You can certainly file a police report, because your own testimony is evidence. However, whether charges can be brought depends on the statute of limitations that exists in your state. Most states allow charges to be brought until a certain amount of time after you turn 18 years of age. So, most... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: My boss sexually assaulted me at a bar outside of work. Not saying I want to, but is that grounds for suing my company?

It was a bar outside of work. So not on the premise of work. But managers are not allowed to hang out with employees outside of work. Which I knew, but I also didn't expect my boss to sexually assault me. I'm not saying I want to sue the company. My co-worker that was there though and... View More

Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer
answered on Sep 13, 2017

I only practice criminal defense. You need to contact an employment law attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: I have a niece in Utah who is 17 she is getting ready to graduate, she wants to move with her dad to Missouri mom say no

I also just found out that her step dad got handsy with her, she went to her grandparents and told them, they told mom. Mom does not believe her but she did tell him to leave, she told her father but she will not let her talk to her dad without mom in same room she wants to know what she tells her... View More

Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
answered on Mar 5, 2017

Under Utah law, until a child turns 18 or emancipates, the child must live where any court order says the child must live.

Under Utah law, everyone must report any believable allegations of child abuse or neglect (including getting "handsy") to either law enforcement or the...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: Is this sexual harassment or discrimination?

I have been interviewing for a general manager position at a large retailer, the first interview was with "John" the regional manager, he was very very friendly, second interview was with a different women. I was on a common app called grindr where gay men meet each other. I was contacted... View More

Lincoln W. Hobbs
Lincoln W. Hobbs
answered on Nov 2, 2016

You would most likely have a very difficult time getting anywhere with this case. To start, it appears you voluntarily went to see him after seeing him on Grinder and being invited to come get naked. It doesn't appear he made any promises if you visited him, and you'd presumably have a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.