Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Securities Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Washington on
Q: Can you recommend a crypto related lawyer who can help me recover my lost investment money being frozen by an exchange.

I seek a lawyer who guarantees no lawyer's fee unless the frozen money is recovered successfully, because I am too broke to afford an upfront lawyer's fee after being scammed.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 13, 2024

I apologize for your difficult situation with the frozen funds on the exchange. However, I would be very cautious about any lawyer who guarantees they will only take payment if they successfully recover your money. While contingency fees are common in some areas of law like personal injury, they... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Immigration Law for Washington on
Q: I'm a foreign citizen working in WA state. Do I need any registration to manage money for my friend? (also foreigners)

I'm a foreign citizen living & working in WA state, with L-1B visa. I would like to manage money for my friends & relatives and do some investment for them. They are also all foreign citizens.

There will be less than 5 clients, and less than 100K USD managed assets.

Do... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 30, 2024

As a foreign citizen working in the United States on an L-1B visa, there are a few important considerations when it comes to managing money for friends and relatives:

1. Registration: Generally, if you are managing money for others and investing on their behalf, you may need to register as...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Washington on
Q: I was a victim of securities fraud how can I file a case of be included on a case

Marcus Beam represented himself to me as a private equity account manager. I invested around $70'000 which I never received after filing redemption papers. This happen in Chicago. I recently moved to Washington

Deanna  Besbekos-LaPage
Deanna Besbekos-LaPage
answered on Dec 30, 2019

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. If Mr. Beam was a registered FINRA Broker, you can file a case in the FINRA arbitration against the brokerage that he was working for at the time. We would be happy to help you with this issue. Our firm represents clients of brokers, brokerage firms,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Internet Law and Securities Law for Washington on
Q: Someone keeps creating online accounts to send me foul messages and harass me, can I do anything about it legally?

My boyfriend’s ex girlfriend keeps creating social media profiles to get in touch with me, and recently the messages have turned threatening and has gotten my family involved. She even hacked into my boyfriend’s Facebook account, and messaged me pretending to be my boyfriend to get a nude photo... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 15, 2019

This is not a securities law question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.