Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Municipal Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Is it illegal for a non-city vehicle (personal car) to park in a city bus garage with the buses? What is the statute?

What federal agency inspects city owned city bus garages?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 4, 2023

A Wisconsin attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. It could depend on the regulations of the agency. For your second question, the U.S. Department of Transporation would be place to start your inquiry. Good luc

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What is the difference between a Request for Proposal and a Bid? Which should come first regarding a fire station build?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 19, 2020

A Wisconsin attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. In general and basic terms, a Request for Proposal is meant to solicit a Proposal from contractors. As for the Bid, to solicit those, a business may use an Invitation to Bid. If you're talking about a fire... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What would total be on property tax bill w/interest for 8 yrs. on 11hundred a yr not paid (1% mo 12% yr) Vernon Cty, WI

If I hadn't been able to pay my property taxes for 8 yrs (and assuming they haven't foreclosed), at $1,100 a yr, what would the total bill be at the end of 8 years, with interest at 1% a month and 12% a year, in Vernon County WI.?

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn
answered on Nov 24, 2019

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Can I make the village replace my driveway from years of their snowplows turning around on it.

Even after asking them to stop they still kept turning around on my driveway. I waited as long as I could, and now it's destroyed. I want to know my rights before I go and meet with them.

Jason Anthony Greller
Jason Anthony Greller
answered on Jul 9, 2019

You may be able to seek a remedy if you are able to prove that the damage was caused almost entirely from the plows and no other use or condition. That seems like a pretty high burden of proof.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I'm charged with dis orderly conduct and obstruction of Justice but I did not committ either

Short version cops called for noise complaint was not our home after sever times calling wife lier I stepped in told him was not us I was on couch talking to son no music here he became extremely upset when I attempted to close screen door he than ripped off my door I called 911 asked for police... View More

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jul 6, 2019

Sounds like you should retain counsel.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Can a warrant for arrest be issued for a property code violation in Wisconsin?

In early 2016 unknown to me I was issued a citation (apparently mailed to me) for peeling paint on my windows. Early this month I called police for a car accident I was involved in municipality B. After running my driver's license, the police officer told me I had a warrant for my arrest due... View More

William F Sulton
William F Sulton
answered on Jan 23, 2018

Municipalities issue arrest warrants when fines are not paid. That is legal in Wisconsin and many other States.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Appeals / Appellate Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I have 2 driving without insurance tickets is there anyway I can get them off my record?

One in 2015 and the other in 2016. I would like them off my record due to the fact they are the only thing stopping me from ubering

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson
answered on Aug 27, 2017

The following cases remain on CCAP for 5 Years. Traffic Forfeiture Cases (TR)

Non-Traffic Ordinance Violation Cases (FO). Motor vehicle records are a little different and the answere is more complex.. Depends on where Uber is looking. Ask Uber what you can do to assure them that you are...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.