Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: If you are on probation for 10 years, but get arrested for high speed chase on a motorcycle , what can happen?
Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones
answered on Oct 4, 2017

This will be a violation of your probation. Contact a Mississippi attorney to discuss your options.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Q: Can someone get a vehicle financed but get the check in someone else's name without them knowing?

I sold the vehicle about 6 months ago but received a message today he financed it. He said the finance sent it to the bank but the check is in my name. He wants me to cash it for him. What does this mean for me? I was unaware of this till I received the message asking me to cash it for him.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 12, 2017

You would know if he financed it. If you sold it you got the proceeds because it's in your name.

He should ask you just to sign the check over to him.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Mississippi on
Q: After being denied procedural bars;what is nexts to do?

My husband is one of the true innocent. We have filed 2 post convictions and a habeus corpus over the years. The last was turned down because of procedural bars.He has been in for over 19 years.. Another question..Is there any way to have his sentence changed ?

Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram
answered on May 13, 2015

First I applaud you for your effort not to give up. There are a couple of post conviction remedies such as a 2241 and a 2252 action. Both take time to get the information and can be a longshot. However, all cases deserve review. I am not sure if your husband pled guilty or had a trial. that... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.