Questions Answered by Anna Aleksander

Q: We live in different states and I don't know her info can you help

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Kentucky on
Answered on Aug 14, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
This question was asked in KY divorce section and you appear to be from PA. I can only provide general advice regarding the law in KY. In KY, in a case where one spouse is absent or gone from the state, you may still get a divorce after a Warning Order Attorney is appointed to look for your spouse. If after a certain amount of time, the spouse can not be located,the Warning Order Attorney submits a reports to the Court. You may then get a divorce, however, issues of property, alimony, children...

Q: I have been separated from my husband for 9 years. How long will a divorce take in Kentucky start to finish?

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Kentucky on
Answered on Aug 2, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
Divorce in Kentucky does not take long if all the paper work is submitted. If all your issues are worked out both parties would sign off on the divorce agreement, some additional paperwork and proof will have to be submitted to the court and a motion for decree, and proposed decree. The process could take a few weeks. If one of the spouses can't be found the process takes longer and certain issues such as property and custody can not be resolved.

Q: I have a signed temp custody order, and my soon to be ex husband has taken off with daughter, and the police won't help!

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Kentucky on
Answered on Jul 27, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
You should probably take legal action in Court, such as contempt, or Motion for return of child etc. This site is for general advice only and your question can't be answered without an appropriate legal consultation.

Q: I got hit and wasn't at fault, but I was drinking and the police did a sobriety test -

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Answered on Jul 27, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
You should not give a statement, you should probably consult with a lawyer. The police report should indicate the party at fault.

Q: My first offer from auto accident was 10k I denied it doesn't the offer get bigger and I was hurt contusion right arm

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Kentucky on
Answered on Jul 27, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
You should probably contact a lawyer if you haven't already. Insurance companies will not give you their best offer without an attorney.

Q: Are there worse DUI penalties in a school zone?

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kentucky on
Answered on Jul 27, 2018
Anna Aleksander's answer
No in Ky : Per Kentucky Revised Statutes

For purposes of this section, aggravating circumstances are any one (1) or more of

the following:


Operating a motor vehicle in excess of thirty (30) miles per hour above the

speed limit;



perating a motor vehicle in the wrong direction on a limited access highway;


Operating a motor vehicle that causes an accident resulting in death or serious...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.