Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Spencer Williams
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Missouri on
Q: My little sister is 17, she graduates early and wants to move in with me is that possible?

We were all adopted, her adopted family is horrible. There has been many wellness checks on her from me. Many DFS calls on the family so much stress she ran away and they brought her back. She is 17 she graduates early, and would like to live with me. I've contacted so many people and they... Read more »

Spencer Williams
Spencer Williams answered on Feb 21, 2021

She can file a petition for emancipation. You can consider filing for guardianship of your sister as well.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.