Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael Lewis Eisner
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Communications Law for Utah on
Q: (Utah) I was terminated due to attendance at my job, and my boss contacted my cohabitates to inform them.

For background, I cohabitate(d) with my girlfriend and her parents. With my termination, this supervisor notified my girlfriend’s parents before I had the opportunity to repose & break the news myself (this is in the span of less than 24 hours.) This has resulted in my displacement from their... Read more »

Michael Lewis Eisner
Michael Lewis Eisner answered on Sep 21, 2021

You should consult with an attorney in Utah. Each state has different laws regarding communications with others. If someone says or writes something false, the publisher can be held liable for damages caused by the defamation of character (libel or slander). Many states also allow a cause of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Ohio on
Q: Bit by dog at work, owner never filed report to police. Been 6 days and no vaccination records even. Should I sue?

Bite happened on the job. They didn’t think I needed to go to the hospital so I took myself the next morning for tetanus shot and got antibiotics. Work didn’t even contact the owner for 3 days to discuss attack. Been over 6 days and I have no vaccination records, no doctor bills paid and am... Read more »

Michael Lewis Eisner
Michael Lewis Eisner answered on Sep 20, 2021

You pose a very interesting question. The claims against your employer would be limited to workers' compensation. You can open a claim on the Ohio BWC website. However, the owner, keeper and/or harborer of the dog has strict liability. The only defenses are teasing and tormenting the dog... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Ohio on
Q: Went and purchase a car they charged me for something he told me he would give me for free now they want to give half

My money back based on the video he watch I told him we didn’t want it then he tells me he will give to me for free then charge me for it under other

Michael Lewis Eisner
Michael Lewis Eisner answered on Aug 5, 2021

Misrepresentations made during the sale of a car by a dealer should be reviewed by a consumer rights attorney. Most will give you a free consultation to determine if you have a strong enough claim to seek a remedy. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Ohio on
Q: My underage son was in a car accident the insurance was is ready to settle and the lawyer is saying his case will go to

I'm his legal guardian why would it go into probate until he turns 18?

Michael Lewis Eisner
Michael Lewis Eisner answered on Aug 5, 2021

When someone under the age of 18 gets a settlement in Ohio, the probate court in the county in which the minor lives has jurisdiction over the settlement. The court will review the settlement, and approve it if it seems fair. It will also act to preserve the minor's money, and put... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Ohio on
Q: Would I have a case for swallowing a clear piece of broken plastic fork? Making a hole/tear in esophagus, sever sepsis

I swallowed a broken piece of a clear plastic fork. Being that the fork was clear. I could not see the broken piece in the bowl of spaghetti sauce. It caused a tear and hole in my esophagus. Which then caused severe sepsis. I spent 19 days in the hospital. Had 2 surgeries in 4 days that saved my... Read more »

Michael Lewis Eisner
Michael Lewis Eisner answered on Aug 5, 2021

It is unclear to me if the plastic was from a fork you were using, or a fork that was broken into the past before it was served to you. There is liability in the food service industry for leaving foreign objects in food. If the product broke, and you are only interested in pursuing a product... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.