Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Public Benefits legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Arkansas Public Benefits Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: 1099-G for >$4,000 PUA benefits I never received, Arkansas claims an overpayment of $17 from that, asking me to pay them

Arkansas Division of Workforce Services first attempted to electronically deposit the money in my bank account but had the wrong acct. # so my bank rejected the deposit. Then after almost 6 months of going back/forth, they mailed a paper check to an address I was no longer at. Several more months... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: How do you remove a administrative board?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 18, 2024

A Tennessee attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. It could depend on their rules, or internal procedures - administrative board covers many areas and settings. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: 59 year of age disabled living in public housing on a fixed income of 914.00 monthly goes back to college on a grant is

The grant money consider income per HUD

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 30, 2023

Grants for educational purposes are generally not considered as income for the purposes of determining eligibility and rent calculations in federally subsidized housing programs administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This includes programs like public housing... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Collections, Constitutional Law and Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: Someone wrote a book about my life and crime. It's even titled after me. I didn't consent.

Can I get compensated for them using me in a story it label me ignorant and poor.

John Espinosa
John Espinosa
answered on May 28, 2018

This question doesn't belong in any of these categories. You may have a civil cause of action for defamation. You should consult with a litigation attorney who specializes in defamation. Here is some more information about defamation:... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.