Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Social Security Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Public Benefits and Social Security for Ohio on
Q: I'm on disability. I make money on tiktok, but not enough to get 1099 forms. How do I prove my income to the state?

In order to keep foodstamps and medicaid, I have to prove my income. How do I prove it, since I don't earn enough to get 1099 forms?

Q: have power of attorney and proxy over my dad personl relationship affairs the bank won't let me on account what

What I look up they should section 5-1503 is there

Jack Mevorach
Jack Mevorach
answered on Jan 31, 2023

Often, banks reject valid Powers of Attorney. Have a free telephone consultation with counsel.


0 Answers | Asked in Social Security and Tax Law for California on
Q: Does a tax-free stipend from VA for caregivers count against permanent disability income limits? VA doesn't report toIRS

IRS limits income to $1,470/mo. VA stipend is slightly more. "Earnings" above $1,470 get you kicked out of disability, but there are some exceptions such as winning the lottery. The VA doesn't report the stipend to IRS, so would this be one of the exceptions? Can I safely accept VA... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Texas on
Q: Can someone please help me get the social security survivor benefits I believe my son should be entitled to?!?

In 2016 my late husband & I started caring for a friend's infant he was than 6m old. In 2017 we filed & was granted a SAPCR followed by a order granting the legal change of his last name to ours. Sept 2021 I lost my husband to covid, I filled for survivor benefits for our now 6yr but... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Tennessee on
Q: I get SSI and I have a payee that's over my check and I have been trying to get my bank statements from her forever and

She says that my friends are almost running out next month just enough in there to pay my house payment and power bill and I haven't touched any of my back payment of 4 years what do I do

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for North Carolina on
Q: If I'm on SSI and have a payee over my check and money and she will not let me know what my funds are in my bank account

What do i do.because i have 4 years back pay that i havnt ever even touched and she tells me i have very little left in my account and close to running out next month when I pay my rent and power bill

Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
answered on Jan 24, 2023

It is perfectly reasonable for you to ask your representative payee how your money is being spent and how much you have in your bank account. Your representative payee is responsible for using your SSI benefits to pay for your needs including payment for food, shelter, clothes, medical care and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft and Social Security for Colorado on
Q: I want to change my social security number due to serious and ongoing damage due to ID theft.

Will the interview be a hearing where i'll need an attorney, and what types of documentation will I need to succeed? Can I be denied if I insist and provide proof?

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Texas on
Q: I have never gotten my ID, birth certificate or SSN and my father is not on my BC and my mother is in Mexico & cant help

I have never gotten an ID, only have a photocopy of my birth certificate which isn't even valid to help me get my ID, and I've never had a Social Security card either. I know my number though. My dad isn't on my birth certificate but he wouldn't even bother to help, and my mom... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 21, 2023

As a 22 year old adult with the information you have, you can order as many certified copies of your birth certificate as you’d like and can order a replacement social security card.

These are relatively simple tasks and do not require your parents’ assistance.

0 Answers | Asked in Social Security for North Carolina on
Q: I need to file a claim for social security
0 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Tennessee on
Q: Does the 45 hour Substantial Service for Self Employed limits apply to a SMLLC with no employees?

I am considering applying for SS Retirement. I own/have a SMLLC (No employees), I'm not at Full Retirement Age (FRA) yet, I understand "earning" limits ($21,240 [2023]) and related reductions to benefits. My business profit is filed on a Sche C with my personal Form 1040 (married... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Wisconsin on
Q: I am 66 years old and my ex is 56 years old. Am I able to file under her Social Security at this time?

If I am able to collect insurance off of my exes, Social Security, would amount collected be set at the time of the marriage ended or at this time 10 years later?

Q: Is it illegal to use the CEO Rental assistance program if I have the money to pay my rent

I found out a roommate used the program even though I gave them the money for the rent so I basically had my money misused or I guess in the loosest sense stolen

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Mississippi on
Q: I'm 49, have had two heart attacks, a heart catheterization, COPD, emphysema, back issues, anxiety. I need help

I need help getting disability

Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
answered on Jan 16, 2023

If you have access to a computer, you can start an application for Social security by going to Then apply for benefits. If you get denied you will then need to contact an attorney to help with the appeal process. You can also call the social security office and set up a phone call... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.