Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: Can neighbor shoot my bird dog that got out of pen followed him and his dog home for chasing his chickens

He claimed he shot at my dog for having 3 chickens cornered then the dog ran approx. 80 yard away from chickens he pursued my dog and shot it at point blank in the Bach of the neck below skull with 9 mm he knew it was my dog is this justified

Michael Darren O'Quinn
Michael Darren O'Quinn answered on Feb 3, 2021

It depends.

A pet owner may sue a person who purposefully hurt or killed his animal under different legal theories, including conversion, trespass to chattel (an old-school legal term for destroying or interfering with someone else's property), or intentional infliction of emotional...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: My brother was killed and they found the other driver at fault. The driver had no DL or insur - can they go to jail

What can our family do legally? The person said they didn't see him on his loud Harley, yet hit him on the passenger front side while making a left turn. This was in Arkansas where he lived with his wife and son.

Paul Gerard Pfeifer
Paul Gerard Pfeifer answered on Jul 3, 2019

I would recommend you contact an Arkansas injury lawyer to discuss whether anything can be done in a civil claim. Regarding whether there is criminal liability for what occurred, I would need more information and also direct you to the prosecuting attorney in the County where the wreck occurred.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: Being charged W/negligent homicide & DWI. State police report says .19 BAC and local police say .09 BAC only 1 test?????

no room

James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr answered on Oct 5, 2018

Get a lawyer right away. Probably don’t need to be putting a lot of info on the web.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: My brother was 32 died in Arkansas State prison from k2 is the prison liable for his death in a wrongful death suit.

Occurred in August of 2017 Marrietta Arkansas.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 5, 2018

Unlikely as they search for drugs and if he evaded I don't see a claim. You can always check with the Ark. Civil Liberties Union prison rights section.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: If someone’s dog kills your dog can you take that dog to the pound
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 11, 2018

No, you must call the dog warden or police--depends on your state and township as to how dog cases are handled.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death and Criminal Law for Arkansas on
Q: What happens when someone with a crimnal background puts a loaded gun to your head and forces you to commit a crime
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 30, 2017

You have a technical defense of duress, but it's extremely difficult to prove and most juries unlikely to buy it. You need to consult an attorney who handles criminal issues.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: My brother died as a result of medical malpractice. His wife filed a lawsuit. How can I be added to the lawsuit?

All of my other siblings have been included except me and my brother. How would I go about making sure we receive our portion of the settlement?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 24, 2017

Contact the attorney for the estate and be sure that you and your brother are listed. Ask why you were not. If you don't get a straight answer contact a member of the Ark. Assn for Justice to find one in your area--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: I'm a heir to a wrongful death claim and I didn't sign my waiver and consent form. What happens next?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 8, 2016

You should consult an attorney if you aren't being represented by one. Look for a member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association--they give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Arkansas on
Q: In wrongful death case, should law firm be awarded a 1/3 contingency fee based on fault drivers required $25K auto insur

Insurance consists of ($25,000 is the amount required by state law minimum) along with deceased's own $25,000 under-insured motorist auto policy, resulting in law firm's award of $16,666.50 from the two policies totaling $50,000.00?

(The fault driver was ticketed for improper... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Sep 20, 2015

If the law firm received a contingent fee, that fee would have to have been agreed by the widow and children in advance. Were they all over the age of majority when they signed the agreement? I would question the law firm's taking their fee from the $50 K settlement; they should have known... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.