Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Child Support legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Child Support Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Connecticut on
Q: My step son’s mother tampered with his adderall prescription by adding water to the bottle. What can we do?

We have photographic evidence and she’s know to use substance abuse in the past. We would also like to get the pills tested to make sure it’s just adderall in the container. We would like her to get supervised visitation back and charges pressed for ruing his medication. Please help

Q: A Quasi judicial employee committed fraud upon the court and harmed my child and I, what are my options?

I have evidence of a child support enforcement Quasi judicial employee committing fraud upon the court by providing Fake evidence to the judge to assist the non custodial parent evading their federal legal obligation of paying child support for our child, The evidence was a fake medical note... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Connecticut on
Q: dtr is 18 and my ex does not want to pay anymore. No court order in NY, we have verbal arrangement. Can I file now?

I now live in ct with my dtr who is full time college student living at home.

Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 16, 2021

I am sorry to hear about your situation. You will probably need to hire an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut to fully address your legal question. I wish you the best of luck in the resolution of your situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Divorce for Connecticut on
Q: What are the guidelines for secondary education and the contribution by each parent in a divorced household in CT?

If the tuition bill is 30k - is the level of contribution based on income levels? Or is just split 50/50?

Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 3, 2020

In Connecticut, educational support orders are governed by Connecticut General Statutes §46b-56c, which authorizes the courts to enter orders defining how parents will handle “necessary educational expenses” which include application costs, registration costs, room, board, dues, tuition, and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Connecticut on
Q: How do I file an Educational Support Order with the court?

Thank you for the reply regarding Educational Support Orders (my divorce agreement specifies that the court "retains jurisdiction"). My question is how do I go about getting in writing what my ex and I are agreeing to? If he agrees to split college and expenses 50/50, I want that to be in... View More

Linda Ann Subbloie
Linda Ann Subbloie
answered on Feb 17, 2020

You need to file a motion with the court requesting an educational support order post-judgment. If you have an agreement then it must be put in writing and signed. Once you do that you can go to court and have it made a court order when the motion you filed comes up on a calendar. If you don't... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Connecticut on
Q: If child support order should have stopped when child graduated high and I over payed for 18 months?

Can they count it toward arrearage

Linda Ann Subbloie
Linda Ann Subbloie
answered on Jan 21, 2020

That's an interesting question. You should file a motion asap and request that the funds be applied towards the arrearage. I don't know what a judge would do, but I suspect you have a good chance on winning this.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Tax Law for Connecticut on
Q: If we have joint custody then who get to file for taxes we are not together and baby lives with me the whole year

He does owe child support 620 but tries to stay current on his child support payments he skips his visits some time a month then pops up to show up 2 or 3 time a month I support more income for our child and now he is filing for contempt because I didn't proved him our child's social... View More

Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
answered on Mar 8, 2018

You need to look at your agreement. It is usually spelled out in the agreement who gets to claim the child and if he loses the right to claim the child if he is behind on child support payments.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.