Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Criminal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: My son was a victim. A plea deal is set.I have a civil Lawyer..are assets applicable despite exemption laws?

He had to go through testing prep meds and testing bc of this. I just want to know if assets partially even can be included for pay out.

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
answered on Oct 4, 2022

All and every question you have should be directed to your attorney. He knows your case, and this is what he does.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Identity Theft and Small Claims for Florida on
Q: My ex boyfriend added his name to my bank account and cleared it. He’s out but How do I get my money back?

I am on Social Security Disability, I receive monthly benefits. I also take psych meds daily. However, I had not taken them since contracting covid. I had covid which turned into pneumonia and I was hospitalized. After I was released I went home, my ex boyfriend was assisting me with meds but was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: What are the requirements for extortion? Do you need to know if the person making the threats can follow through?

Example: A minor is in an accident . The other person is an adult, gets out of the car, starts yelling and pounding on the window of the minor. They yell stating, "where you on your cell phone" then start yelling, you need to pay this out of pocket or you will get a ticket, a big fine... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Florida on
Q: I want to know about the Brady/Giglio Rule 3.113. What if my attorney wasn't certified and I was sentenced to 9 years.

My husband was sentenced to 9 years for racketeering and has served 4 of it, but we just found out that his public defender and the state attorney were not certified in the Brady/Giglio rule and should have been dismissed from the case. What can we do about it now?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: If I have a mandatory appearance Orange County California but live in Florida , can I send an attorney to court

It’s a arragnent for public intoxication

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Oct 3, 2022

An attorney licensed to practice in California could appear for you. Ask that attorney whether you also have to be there in person.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Health Care Law, Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Can a surgical team continue with procedure if the patient who is coherent tells them to stop?

I have a question upon entering out patient surgical center. Patient informs the nurse of being a hard stick. The proceeded with IV in hand which immediately was painful achy and burned. The nurse passed it to the anesthesiologist stating the patient stated it was sensitive. He said he would watch... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Oct 1, 2022

In this scenario, I'm guessing the medical people will have a different story - but if you can prove this happened, I believe the medical people would be liable both civilly and criminally for false imprisonment and battery (at least), and potentially liable civilly for malpractice. Request... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: My husband has a vop but the charge that cause his vop was disposed. What happens next?

My husband was arrested for battery by domestic violence on September 3rd, 2022 in Brevard County due to a situation between him and I. I did not want to pursue charges so I hired him an attorney, and signed an affidavit for the state attorneys to express my wishes. The state attorney decided that... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Can you be arrested for aggravated battery if there was no contact. The victim states in the police report never touched

My husband was arrested for aggravated

battery when the officer had proof the victim wasnt touched.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: I’m getting con by a investment fraud by a person who scam before what can I do to to get my money back. Voice /audio

Befriended me and made me believe that I would get a high rate of return

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Florida on
Q: If someone throws a rock at your car in florida can you legally shoot back?

In florida throwing a rock at someones car is projecting a deadly missile. My question is if someone throws something at your car in a road rage incident that can injure you or your passengers is it legal to shoot back (stand your ground law). I need professional legal advice from someone who knows... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Sep 24, 2022

Your question is vague as to the timing of the events, as well as the specific danger posed by the rock-thrower. You may "stand your ground" with reasonable force that is necessary for self-defense - that is, to stop an ongoing attack that may cause death or great bodily injury to you.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Florida on
Q: Are their statue of limitations on civil suits for violating the corpus delecti doctrine, if so I'm looking for an

Attorney best suited for these kinds of matters

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: I broke a window of the house I had permission to be in by owner who is my cousin. Can he press charges for window?

I used to live with cousin and all my stuff is still in house that belonged to my late aunt& uncle. Cousin is executor and has been here 2 yrs. His wife is in CT. Cousin was hospitalized and wife asked me for help with the dogs. At hospital, cuz gave house key to lawn boy (who is being paid by... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: I would like to know if you get pulled over by the Sheriffs office and they don’t give you a paper to appear in court or

Arrest you but they let you go and then give you a charge 3 months later is that legal. By law I thought they had 33 days to do so.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Florida on
Q: DA says defendant has a Felony pending, to restrict bond reinstatement, but Felony was No Bill year ago, what's the law?

The Class A Felony, was No Bill nearly one full year, before going to court to reinstate bond, which shows DA gave false information to keep bond from being reinstated. Was a Due Process law violated in Alabama?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: My ex wife admitted to selling my boat in a child support hearing recently. She sold it 8 years ago. Can I do anything?

The court said the boat is still in my name. Is it too late now with laws in FL?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: What is considered self defense

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.