Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Florida on
Q: Can my employer force my MD to provide my private medical information for the sake of medical exemption from COVID vaccn

I had provided my employer a Medical Exemption form from my MD last November, I never heard back from the cooperate office until this week informing me that they need medical diagnosis information to accept my exemption letter (or loose my job by 1/28/22). This same medical exemption letter was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Florida on
Q: If I'm sentenced to an Rsat program and my probation officer "forgets to send off paperwork" what legal action can I tak

I've been sitting in county for almost 3 months. Probationer visited recently. Told me she didn't even know I was supposed to be shipped.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Florida on
Q: Code enforcement in Escambia county is pushing me into forclosure and not being able to buy my medicine.

There demands are to much for me to pay and in trying to do so I'm now being threatened with forclosure and have been doing without some of my heart medicine. I'm 65 years old and live on $870.00 per month. Now they are trying to force me to let them on my property. At the first hearing... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jan 26, 2022

You need to ask a question.

0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Florida on
Q: Do you have to give back a government Credential that has wrong information on it?

I recently was issued a Merchant Mariner Credential from USCG, and they messed up and put a higher position. I'm currently a 2nd Assistant Engineer, and the new Credential has 1st Assistant Engineer.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Construction Law for Florida on
Q: Can I fire the roofing co named in my insurance sett. If they are named on ck bc I think they are scammers!?

We settled with ins co to get a new roof. It was one of those companies that knocked on our door. At first they were great; promised us new roof, carpet, paint, etc. now that we got settlement they said we will give u 7500. Use that where u want but that’s all and that’s not even in writing. I... Read more »

Barbara Billiot Stage
Barbara Billiot Stage answered on Jan 26, 2022

Lawyers on this website are not allowed to call anyone. This website is designed for general information. You need to take the paperwork to a lawyer for a consultation as soon as possible. The lawyer hired to negotiate the settlement was not your lawyer and worked for the roofing company. Do... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Florida on
Q: If I am part of a shared easement with two other property owners, can I grant an easement of necessity to a third party?

I live in Okaloosa County Florida and I have two pieces of land that share a common easement with two other properties. The easement was created prior to the purchase to protect all parties as well as provide ingress/egress, access for utilities, etc. There is a neighboring property, located to the... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jan 26, 2022

You could grant an easement across your parcels, but that wouldn't do the owner of the landlocked parcel much good unless the other landowners were to do the same.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Florida on
Q: Poa question

My mother has a durable poa from my father. My father has had a stroke but is not fully incapacitated. My mother needs me to take over many of the tasks. Since my mother has poa from my father could she, as his representative, sign a poa in his place given me poa for my father?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jan 26, 2022


Your mother cannot lawfully transfer her POA or give you a new POA over your father.

At best, she can hire you to perform some of the tasks that she is supposed to perform.

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Florida on
Q: Based on Florida Senate bill 60, can a PO Box address be provided in lieu of a residential address?

Florida Senate Bill 60 requires that an individual making a complaint of a potential violation provide his or her name and address to the local government body before an investigation may occur.

Hillsborough County Staff correspondence email: “Per Florida Statutes as amended by Senate... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Florida on
Q: I live in a residential neighborhood. My neighbor parks his boat and trailer in the driveway. Is this legal?

Hillsborough County Land Development Code Part 6.05.02 q ( . Is the trailer part of the measurement? The boat is 19' in length.

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Florida on
Q: I need a lawyer that is willing to take on Energy Solutions Direct regarding solar service.

I had solar panels installed 4 years ago and they have never worked. I have paid $300. monthly to the solar company and also pay high electric bills. I have been through the BBB with them and recently filed bankrupcy under chapter 7 due to the financial strain. I need someone that can help me get... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jan 25, 2022

It appears that you may have an adversary bankruptcy case, possibly a compulsory one. Also, if you "have been through the BBB with them", you may be able to enforce the results of arbitration, if any. Ask you bankruptcy attorney.

2 Answers | Asked in Elder Law, Real Estate Law and Probate for Florida on
Q: What rights do I have living in the home of my partner who passed away? Children now own the house and

Probate has started. Can they come into and unto the property whenever they want or do they need to make an appointment with me?

Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert answered on Jan 25, 2022

I am very sorry for your loss on the passing of your partner, please accept my sympathy and condolences at this sad and difficult time. I would encourage you to check what the property deed says, Will and or Trust if any of those exist or if you know you were named or put on the deed. If you know... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Is it legal for a LEO to administer narcan and advise the person is free to go with no further medical treatment?

Also, shouldn't CPR have been attempted first before giving narcan?

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law for Florida on
Q: Can I sue an employer because they failed to make payroll?

I was contacted by my employer that she wouldn't be able to make payroll for the next pay period. I was told in a previous meeting that we would go on break from Dec.17th-Jan.3rd. I didn't not ask whether this was paid but I am a salaried employee so I figured we would be getting paid. I... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Florida on
Q: Do I have any land rights?

I own a mobile home and have been in it for 20 years on the same land. Do not own the land been paying lot rent. Owner sold land and plans to rezone commercial. Served eviction. Do I have any legal options? People have told me about living there for a certain amount of time that I may have land... Read more »

Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert answered on Jan 25, 2022

No, the people do not know what they are talking about. What they may be trying to reference is "Adverse Possession", you can look this up, but this is not applicable to your circumstances because you have just been a renter, paying rent. If you have a lease or rental agreement, you... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Florida on
Q: How legal is what my boss is doing?

My boss employs 2 older gentlemen in a work in lieu of rent situation. The only compensation they get is a place to live in a trailer that half the time has no electricity or water, a 4 pack of beer a piece every night and one styrofoam tray of food gore dinner. Its been this way for 14 years.... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: If a defendant has reason to believe that a substance in a trafficking methamphetamine case doesn't weigh what that

State is saying. How can a defendant compelled the court to actually prove the amount is correct? Can a defendant's lawyer bring measuring tool in during trial to weigh the substance out and prove the actual weight

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jan 24, 2022

Yes, the prosecution has the burden of proving the amount by a reasonable doubt. It can be subjected to weighing.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.