Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Entertainment / Sports legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Georgia Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Gaming for Georgia on
Q: is i rage quiting if my friend quits a game because he was mad and threw his rubiks cube at a wall and left to go clean

he continued to not play the game for a month

typo at the begining i was suposed to be it

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 19, 2023

If your friend quit a game out of frustration, threw his Rubik's cube at a wall, and left to clean, it could be considered a form of rage quitting, especially if it was driven by intense emotions. His decision to not play the game for a month afterward may also indicate that he needed a break... View More

Q: Can i get an attorney to sue a record label for copies of my catalog & portfolio without a copy of my contract?

Well i signed a distribution deal with the label 80/20% cut and i own all Masters and music i created for 5 albums to be distributed over 5 years 2014 . i only have given And released 4/5 before i lost contact with them _ them = the label . i have had head trauma after signing to where i forgot... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 21, 2022

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response, but there is a category here, Entertainment/Sports Law. You could try reposting and adding that as a category. There's no guarantee all posts are answered, but attorneys... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Entertainment / Sports, Gaming and Intellectual Property for Georgia on
Q: Game Copyrights, and Intellectual Property

I am planning on making a 2D Platformer game (when finished, I want it to be released on Steam, and possibly outside of the US if sales are good). I will be making the music for the game - I don't know too much on how copyrights work besides the fact that I have to file it, and I don't... View More

Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp
Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 28, 2022

The game product you envision has elements that, as the fruits of your original creative effort, are separate subjects of copyright: the code, the visual appearance, and the music. To assure the greatest protection for your work(s), you should register the copyright in each of these elements. Then... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Entertainment / Sports, Gaming and Trademark for Georgia on
Q: I would like to get this company together for the first few months and then I’ll get it to up and running in no time

I have a question about how my life would be if I got this company and how much money would be made for my future and family is it sure success in the business or what I do need to know if I going to make my money back in wholesale or whole period

Linda Liang
Linda Liang
answered on Oct 7, 2021

This question is very general. Many issues you need to address to stay out of trouble. The most common matter is your trademark. You should conduct a research and make sure you are not using others' trademark. Preferably, you should register your own trademark. Other matters include... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Entertainment / Sports and Trademark for Georgia on
Q: If my file failed because of abandonment how can I reopen it?
Tania Maria Williams
Tania Maria Williams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 3, 2020

There are various reasons that a file will be considered abandoned by the USPTO. If the file is considered abandoned for failure to respond to an Office Action or to file the Statement of Use, an applicant may be able to file a Petition to Revive the application. However, the petition must be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Entertainment / Sports and Child Custody for Georgia on
Q: I have joint custody of my girls. My girls are going to be signed to a record label. Do we need a signature from him?

He lives in the state of LA, owes a very large amount of child support. Which also means he does NOTHING to support them. Can he have some say so on their earnings and/or does he have to be present when we sign contracts? What kind of lawyer do I need to make sure they are covered legally?

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill
answered on Feb 21, 2018

If you have primary physical custody, it should not be an issue if you are signing on their behalf. You papers should address the signing of contracts for them. You may want to look at entertainment attorneys if you are looking for representation in the negotiation of contracts.

2 Answers | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Immigration Law for Georgia on
Q: Employer filed a petition with the USCIS for my O-1B visa. It was approved while in Canada - Unlawful Presence 3yr ban?

My employer did not file from my P1 to O1 in a timely manner, as soon as I found out that i was only in pending status I headed back to Canada. I received a 3 year ban for overstaying under 180 days. My O1 visa was approved while I'm in Canada and my employer sent me a copy of my approved... View More

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
answered on Sep 30, 2015

The stated facts create a complex case.

Seek opinions from an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.