Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Montana Landlord - Tenant Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Q: Have a landlord suit that is vague. Can I file a petition for a more definitive aanswer? If so, how?

The sum is large and the suit is very vague and incorrect.

The damage they claim is all stuff we requested them to repair from day one. Asbestos flooring. Leaky windows and a whole multitude of other issues were not addressed.

We were residents there for 10 years and did all of of... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Q: Is it my landlords responsibility to take care of a mouse infestation? We keep our spaces clean but live next to a field

Our landlords are not helping us in resolving this mouse infestation issue. We live in Bozeman, Montana. There is no information that was discussed on our lease about pest issues. They said that they can call an exterminator for us, but it would cost us a fine of $200. We included photos and videos... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Q: My sister and I have been bullied by or pears and landlord for being a single over 50, Montana bread and born evon the c

Cops are involved.i herd a cop say to my x was we always catch people like her sooner or later.i don't know what he was talking nabier and there kids shoot my animals and vehicles and home with are car has several dents and scratches on the glass facing there yard.we also... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 5, 2023

If you believe you and your sister are victims of harassment and your property has been damaged, you should document all incidents and report them to local law enforcement. Bullying and harassment are serious issues, and you have rights that protect you against such behaviors. Property damage and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Q: Can I collect damages with a Tort suit filed on resident false allegations to evict me from HUD/Sec. 8 Montana Housing?

I am a twenty-eight (28) year disabled resident being bullied by management harassment, intimidation and abusive threats.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 24, 2016

You might, but as they have little money or they wouldn't be section 8 you won't get it from them. Suggest you look at if there is a grievance procedure--contact your local legal services/legal aid office.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Q: I've been evicted. How do I request more time to move all the non-profit belongings and animals?

I was staying for free, so I don't owe any money, in fact she owes me back pay of $35,300.00. There was never a tenant landlord relationship, and someone else now owns the property, and has given me the time "sooner than later" to move off. I am disabled and 64 years old woth no... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 20, 2016

First you need to contact a member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association who handles employment issues NOW!

Not sure what non profit belongings and animals are. If they belong to a not for profit organization, tell the organization to move them. If not, it's on you--new owner...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.