Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nevada Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Admiralty / Maritime and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Nevada on
Q: Can Nevada attorneys have a Order Incident to add certain payment amounts to a QDRO.

The defense added what I was to pay (my half) like the QDRO amount I owed, the Mediation amount owed was to be paid from my Money Purchase account. When it was written into the amended divorce decree I explained to my attorney and the defense attorney that the plan would not approve third party... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 15, 2023

In Nevada, an attorney may be able to request an Order Incident to add certain payment amounts to a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) if it is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The QDRO is a legal document that directs a retirement plan administrator to pay a portion of... View More

Q: I need to file an appeal on an administrative hearing decision with the NV State Board of Massage Therapy.

I asked what the process was for an appeal and was told I could appeal using NRS233B.130. What type of lawyer do I need?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 28, 2022

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. You could reach out to attorneys who handle government/administrative law (which you've already chosen), education law, professional license/certificate matters, civil litigation, and probably a few other... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Divorce for Nevada on
Q: I have 2 questions. Is a will still good after divorce? do I need to file divorce papers if it states im lefthousedeath?

Is a will still good after divorce? My mom remarried but ex step dad did not, thet were still friends having other kids together. The will leaves her pretty much everything is it still valid even though they divorced? My second ? In their divorce papers its stated that she is to be left the house... View More

Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
answered on Dec 11, 2020

Nevada law does nullify an ex spouse as a beneficiary in a will dated before the time of divorce. All other beneficiaries in the will do however remain valid. If, as you say, the house was explicitly mentioned in the divorce decree as being left to your mother, then this may stand regardless of the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Litigation for Nevada on
Q: Can I be held responsible for damage to my neighbors unit?

I live in a Common Interest Community; and have been accused of putting materials [such a paint, drywall, construction materials, etc...] down the drain. There was damage to their bathroom with this stuff coming up out of their drain. The plumbing is shared between mine and the neighboring unit. I... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Dec 20, 2019

I'm sorry for your difficult situation. You could ask to see the report and conclusions of the plumber whose determination is used to establish liability. If those findings are against you, you could consider the option of contacting a plumber of your own for a second opinion. If some sort of... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Lemon Law and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: I sold my van as is and couldnt find the title. I was still looking its been 2 days the buyer wants his money back..

I made it completely clear it needed work. The buyer said over by where they live there are mechanics. I towed the van 22 miles for them. I just got a day off to look for this title. What to do?

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Nevada on
Q: Is a text message admissible in court
Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed
answered on Nov 21, 2013

Probably, yes, if it can be authenticated. You asked about court. In arbitration there are usually more relaxed standards for admitting evidence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.