Ask a Question

Get free answers to your White Collar Crime legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oklahoma White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for Oklahoma on
Q: I was endorsed a inheritance check from friend with no was excepted ,account opened and deposited now no access

I was endorsed a inheritance check from a friend who had no idea.we went to the bank it was explained about the id and excepted.i was allowed to open new account and deposit the check,the check was legit and funds are in the all the sudden the bank won't let me access the funds.i... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Oklahoma on
Q: If a person pawns items they don't own, but retrieve items and return to owner w/o anyone knowing, can they be charged?
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
answered on Sep 14, 2023

Interesting fact pattern for certain. The crime (False Declaration of Ownership) was completed when you signed the document alleging you have owned the property for a certain period of time. The fact that you retrieve it later and make everything right would certainly be an extenuating circumstance... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Oklahoma on
Q: They're talking about re-arresting me when the lab results come back on the same charges I already bonded out on, legal?

I was pulled over and charged with possession. I had a tiny bag of meth and a "mixed" bag of coke and meth, at least that's what i was told it was. I was never 100% sure what it was mixed with and still don't, but If it's fentinol it'll be a little over 1 gram. I was... View More

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 6, 2023

Each county handles these matters a little differently, but the best thing you can do is monitor OSCN/ODCR to see if a case ends up being filed and stay in touch with your bondsman. If charges do get filed, your bondsman can likely repost the bond and set you up with a new arraignment date (and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Oklahoma on
Q: Quit job 10/17 my manager got arrested for embezzlement, I've been asked a few questions early on, will I be indicted?

I did report her for fraud and office was audited and found to be complaint although was not. Im getting unemployment from the company but heard through a friend at DA indictment was coming down, how will I know?

Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic
answered on Jan 18, 2018

Nobody on here is a soothsayer, so we're unable to predict the future. Many more details are needed. Schedule a visit with an attorney so he or she can go over this situation with you in depth.

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Oklahoma on
Q: I have lost my job and can't afford my lawyer fees.. Will I be able to get representation.

Oklahoma City, ok.

Will I be able to get a state attorney to defend me

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Apr 3, 2017

If it is a federal case, you will likely qualify for a federal public defender/CJA attorney. If you are at the state level and you have bonded out of jail, there is a fair chance the court will not give you a public defender (or the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System attorneys

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.