Ask a Question

Get free answers to your International Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Tennessee International Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and International Law for Tennessee on
Q: Should I sue a company based in Canada? I made an investment there and couldn't reach the founder anymore.

I made a real estate investment with a company based in Canada that flips houses for sale, run by one guy. I met the founder and in the contract, the expected return was to be a couple years. More than that has passed and this year I could not reach the founder anymore. The last time he talked to... View More

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 14, 2023

Apparently you have taken a risk without much investigation. It would probably be a lawsuit in Canada, but you will have to read your contract. There may not be a breach as of yet from your statments. In any event, you need to look closely at your defendant target. He may be judgment proof.... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and International Law for Tennessee on
Q: My wife and I are getting divorced we've been separated since March. She's moving to Canada on Wednesday

Before asking for a divorce and even being physically separated she had a emotional affair with a man in Canada who she knew from when she was younger who she is now in love with and moving to live with. She gave me notice of this last Wednesday and she wants to be able to take my son there during... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 6, 2023

The risks of having an agreement where your wife has custody of your son during the summers while you have custody during the school year may include potential disruption to your son's education and family life. To protect yourself as a parent and maintain your parental rights, it is crucial... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, International Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: Domain Registrar- cheated.Not added purchased domain to my acct- due to selling it at higher price -refunded the money.

Dear sir, I am 56 years male living in india! Most unimaginable fraud commited by NETWORK SOLUTIONS LTD ( My registrar). I have registered a domain name with NETWORK SOLUTIONS (My registrar) based in Virginia! Checked the availability of the name in Network solutions website search... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 19, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about the fraud you experienced with Network Solutions. It's important to take action as soon as possible to try to rectify the situation.

You may want to consider contacting Network Solutions again and explaining the situation to a manager or supervisor. Provide...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law, Banking, Civil Litigation and International Law for Tennessee on
Q: Hello, I am currently a college student looking at law as a potential future career.

I was wondering if this would be a good place to start asking questions and if not, is there another chat forum that I could utilize to get a better understanding about this particular career field?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 18, 2020

The reason this free legal advice forum was created is to allow people who have legitimate legal questions to ask the Justia panel of experienced lawyers, who decide whether or not to answer.

So it seems safe to say that curious college students who want to "chat" with...
View More

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in International Law and Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: Sold laptop internationally (US to Ireland) private party. Laptop damaged in shipping. Can he sue me?

I sold a laptop private party to a guy in Ireland, it arrived damaged, shipping damage he says based on my crappy packing job (not true), can he sue me for compensation? He is saying if I don't give him money he is going to just send it back ot me, but why would he send it back unless he knew... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Tennessee on
Q: Do I need to file a AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT since I am just petition my mother only and I am just single divorce.

I am a US citizen and divorce and my main concern is about the affidavit of support, do i really need to file it since I am just by my self here in America and I am only petitioning my mother only. my annual yearly is 18k only but I have stable job. kindly help me. thanks.

Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
answered on Mar 21, 2016

Yes irrespective of your marital status and the person you are sponsoring the petitioner should always file the form I-864. Contact an immigration attorney to help you with this process. All the best. Many immigration attorneys including me offer free consultations, make use of the consultations.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.